PDA

View Full Version : How do I make my idle speed operate in closed loop?

SSbaby
February 9th, 2005, 05:28 PM
It appears that not only my idle speed but also my low rpm range (<2500 rpm) is operating in open loop. Obviously it's not reading/writing into the LTFT table once the PCM operates in open loop.

Could anybody please tell me what I need to do to enable my PCM to operate in closed loop once the O2s have reached the correct operating temperature.

PS I know it is running in Open Loop because the scan reveals this - refer to SAE.FUELSYS.vds which displays both banks in OL.

Thanks in advance

Delco
February 9th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Having looked at your file , the thing you need to move is the PE TPS settings , look below 1600 rpm you are entering open loopp at zero throttle , move these up to about 30% and then you will be running in closed loop.

If you need to I can email you back your file with this changed

SSbaby
February 10th, 2005, 12:23 AM
Is that the 'Delay Counter Adjustment' parameter you specifically refer to, Delco? If so, then I reckon I'd be able to do it myself.

Keep the bin file as a souvenire, though I don't know what you'd want to do with it? :lol:

Delco
February 10th, 2005, 02:09 PM
No look at table B3616 and B3615 PE mode enable , your car is in PE mode below 1600 rpm :D

SSbaby
February 10th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Thanks Delco!

It's too easy working with you! :wink:

Cheers