PDA

View Full Version : Trans Tunes

Hoytmax Diesel
July 31st, 2012, 11:54 PM
ok i got an 01 chevy 2500 duramax Maybe someone could give me some hints and help me out, i just got my transmission rebuilt with a stage 5 kit and all. it shifts perfect when just driving,(not WOT)shifts smooth no bangs or anything. but when i do go WOT it feels like it shifts to early and it feels like it defuels to much or something cuz it takes a split sec. longer to engage. any hints or advice let me know please and thanks

The Neens
August 1st, 2012, 01:34 AM
More than likely, the ECM tune needs the attention...

Hoytmax Diesel
August 1st, 2012, 01:50 AM
could u please elaborate on that? i mean what tables would u suggest needs more attention?

The Neens
August 1st, 2012, 02:23 AM
B0721, B0727, B0741, B1102...These tables all need to be happy with each other...If you do a search for "defuel", you should find a lot of info...

THEFERMANATOR
August 1st, 2012, 02:52 AM
The shifts are controlled through the ECM, not so much teh TCM. The TCM tells teh ECM to defuel for a shift, but the ECM controls how much and when. Also did you reset teh adaptives and allow it to fully learn after you did teh trans and tunes? If not then you need to reset it and allow it to properly learn. I run an 01 OS in my TCM, and it can mislearn the adaptives sometimes and go all screwy afterchanging tunes.