PDA

View Full Version : Slow PID Validation Process with Tablet

lbz07
August 1st, 2012, 01:40 AM
Hey guys,

I am currently running a Motion Computing F5V Tablet with windows 7, 32-bit OS, I7 processer, to run my efi live software. I use this software only for diesel applications and when running the PID validation process, its takes about 10 minutes to complete. Seems to be fine after thats except possibly missing a few PID's i thought were supported.

I also have an older gateway laptop and when running the same validation process, is a lot faster.

Logging with the tablet does not seem to be a problem at all, but the validation process is frustrating.

Is there anyone using a tablet of this kind or any other brand, or is experiencing this same type of problem?

Any help would be appriciated!

Thanks

Brian1
August 1st, 2012, 03:54 AM
Have you selected just a couple of PIDs to see if the process is any faster. Just use a few simply ones like RPM and speedometer and see if it starts up faster. There is some issue in the PID list and a post here with a link to a new file but last I heard it cuased some other issues for the user but not reviewed it in a week or so to know what has been to correct what you may be experiencing. If you know what should work then post a post with a question so EFIlive team can get the problem resolved.

Brian