PDA

View Full Version : HELP.02 lb7 no start after converting to dsp5

jmac
August 2nd, 2012, 03:54 PM
I was tuning(attempting) a buddy's truck. 02 chevy.(15186006 OS)I was using a proven script from a reputable tuner on here.I have used it many times with no Issues.Its a dsp 5 tune

Everything went just like it was supposed to.I did the full flash,everything went just like normal.When it was done I noticed a clicking.Turned key off waited the 15 secs,turned the key on and the clicking was still there.After a search the clicking was coming from the ign circut breaker,and the glowplug relay and possible 1 other thing in or around the lifter valley.Anyway it crankes but no start.When I try to go back in it says it cannot connect to ecm.Same with the scan tool,it can't hook up.But if you use the test feature before flashing it says its good.But after a few secs it comes up that it lost communication.I'm out of ideas.I disconnected the battery's for 20 min,then retried with no change.Its setting with them disconnected now.
Here is the stock tune.The stock tune after converted to dsp5.I can email or pm the script file,or tuned dsp5 if need be.What can be done to get this going again?
It had a banks setup with speedloader on before(if it matters)But was removed correctly.It also has the ppe high idle switch.(if that matters)

killerbee
August 3rd, 2012, 12:56 AM
It sounds like you have tried about everything, and are still unable to communicate. If you want to send us your ECM, we will evaluate it on the bench for you, no cost.

I was tuning(attempting) a buddy's truck. 02 chevy.(15186006 OS)I was using a proven script from a reputable tuner on here.I have used it many times with no Issues.Its a dsp 5 tune

Everything went just like it was supposed to.I did the full flash,everything went just like normal.When it was done I noticed a clicking.Turned key off waited the 15 secs,turned the key on and the clicking was still there.After a search the clicking was coming from the ign circut breaker,and the glowplug relay and possible 1 other thing in or around the lifter valley.Anyway it crankes but no start.When I try to go back in it says it cannot connect to ecm.Same with the scan tool,it can't hook up.But if you use the test feature before flashing it says its good.But after a few secs it comes up that it lost communication.I'm out of ideas.I disconnected the battery's for 20 min,then retried with no change.Its setting with them disconnected now.
Here is the stock tune.The stock tune after converted to dsp5.I can email or pm the script file,or tuned dsp5 if need be.What can be done to get this going again?
It had a banks setup with speedloader on before(if it matters)But was removed correctly.It also has the ppe high idle switch.(if that matters)

jmac
August 3rd, 2012, 08:57 AM
It sounds like you have tried about everything, and are still unable to communicate. If you want to send us your ECM, we will evaluate it on the bench for you, no cost.

Thank you for the offer.I hope I don't have to take you up on it.
I found this old thread,and I'm hoping its the same thing.I'm getting ready to remove the switch.We put the switch in prior to anything else and it ran fine.Then after the full flash,all the clicking relays happened.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?19913-HELP-02-lb7-no-start-after-converting-to-dsp5&highlight=no+start