PDA

View Full Version : $40 in shipping for a replacement cable???? Seems extreme....

BlackGMC
August 5th, 2012, 07:59 AM
I went to order a replacement FlashScan V2 OBDII Cable, the cable itself is $19, no biggie. Then when i went to pay, the shipping for it is $40, for a grand total of $59... I live in Texas so it is not international or anything. The only shipping option is FedEX Internation Priority... What is the deal, why does it cost $40 to ship a cable that weighs less that 1 pound...

GMPX
August 5th, 2012, 09:35 AM
I live in Texas so it is not international or anything
Yes it is international, EFILive is based in New Zealand, where the product is shipped from.

The only shipping option is FedEX Internation Priority... What is the deal
For the reason above, your best bet is to call up a US reseller and have one shipped from within the USA.

BlackGMC
August 5th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Oh. I thought EFILive was US based. Makes sense now.

Telco
June 23rd, 2013, 01:08 PM
Hey there, related question. Are there any retailers within the sound of my post that have this cable for sale in the US? All I'm finding online is the entire package. Thanks.

joecar
June 23rd, 2013, 06:53 PM
Try the US resellers: reseller list (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=156&Itemid=155)

Z06-Dave
September 29th, 2013, 01:32 AM
Hey there, related question. Are there any retailers within the sound of my post that have this cable for sale in the US? All I'm finding online is the entire package. Thanks.

Were you ever able to buy a cable?

I cannot find any in the US...

EagleMark
September 29th, 2013, 06:17 AM
Try the US resellers: reseller list (http://www.efilive.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=156&Itemid=155)New link to resellers on new website:
http://www.efilive.com/resellers

Went through about 20 of the 88 resellers websites and no one had a cable to purchase online?

So if anyone finds a way to but one let us know?

Boost
September 29th, 2013, 06:17 AM
I need a replacement cable too. TIRED of it slipping out of the V2 in the middle of things - my fault I broke the locking tooth somehow.

Maybe we can do a group buy and they can squeeze 10 cables into that $59 box? :fluffy:

cindy@efilive
September 29th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Call one of our distributors. Both Digital EFI and SoCal diesel purchase these to keep as a stock item. If either are out of stock, I'm sure they could order some with their next order and have them tucked in the box to avoid the expense of shipping them separately.

Cheers
Cindy

minytrker
September 29th, 2013, 02:49 PM
I sell them but not sure how many I have in-stock, I can check tomorrow. I dont have them listed on my website tough.

mr.prick
September 29th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Buy some RJ-45 plugs and a set of crimpers. :sneaky:

AFTERMATH DIESEL
September 30th, 2013, 01:57 AM
We have a few extras in stock we can ship out today

Thanks
Chris

Z06-Dave
September 30th, 2013, 04:59 AM
We have a few extras in stock we can ship out today

Thanks
Chris

Just ordered mine, I'll have it in a few days!

Give MCS Diesel a call, they have a few left.... (636-451-4144)
Normal shipping cost! :D

minytrker
September 30th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Buy some RJ-45 plugs and a set of crimpers. :sneaky:

I have done that in the past but they dont seem to last as good as the oem cables

Just ordered mine, I'll have it in a few days!

Give MCS Diesel a call, they have a few left.... (636-451-4144)
Normal shipping cost! :D

Glad you got it, I am out so I won't have anymore in until the end of the week.

hog
October 1st, 2013, 01:58 AM
I went to order a replacement FlashScan V2 OBDII Cable, the cable itself is $19, no biggie. Then when i went to pay, the shipping for it is $40, for a grand total of $59... I live in Texas so it is not international or anything. The only shipping option is FedEX Internation Priority... What is the deal, why does it cost $40 to ship a cable that weighs less that 1 pound...
Thats not bad considering the Kiwi's live on the opposite side of the world. I paid $70 shipping for a small 3 pound box about 300 miles from the USA to Canada.

SHipping sucks, but parts are so much cheaper in the USA. I can get a cap and rotor in teh US for $15 and teh same parts cost $70-$80 up here.

peace
Hog

EagleMark
October 3rd, 2013, 10:47 AM
I have done that in the past but they dont seem to last as good as the oem cables

Glad you got it, I am out so I won't have anymore in until the end of the week.Price? PayPal? I'd actually like both cables to and from V2 if available?

GMPX
October 3rd, 2013, 11:49 AM
SHipping sucks, but parts are so much cheaper in the USA. I can get a cap and rotor in teh US for $15 and teh same parts cost $70-$80 up here.
Have you seen the shipping costs with GM Parts Direct (internal USA shipping)

ScarabEpic22
October 3rd, 2013, 06:55 PM
Price? PayPal? I'd actually like both cables to and from V2 if available?

You could get a generic USB A-B cable for the V2 <-> PC connection if you dont need the EFILive branded one, plus they're cheap off eBay.

EagleMark
October 4th, 2013, 07:21 AM
I realise that but since I can place an order with minytrker I'd just do both if he had them. He helps here, partiapates and has helped me so I will choose to supportpurchase through him if can be.

minytrker
October 4th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Price? PayPal? I'd actually like both cables to and from V2 if available?

Same price as the efi live online store, $19 for the OBDII cable and $9 for the USB cable for a V2 plus shipping. Im currently out but will have some in next week.

ScarabEpic22
October 4th, 2013, 11:36 AM
I realise that but since I can place an order with minytrker I'd just do both if he had them. He helps here, partiapates and has helped me so I will choose to supportpurchase through him if can be.

Agree completely, plus then its a 1-stop shop too. :D

EagleMark
October 4th, 2013, 12:00 PM
I'll take one of each. Can you PM me amount with shipping? PayPal or CC checkout?

minytrker
October 4th, 2013, 02:47 PM
I'll take one of each. Can you PM me amount with shipping? PayPal or CC checkout?

Whats your zip? I cant get you a shipping price until Monday (UPS) since I use a ups store for all my shipping, or I could put it in a flat rate box through usps but there no tracking that way. I can email you paypal invoice or take credit card over the phone. I'm going to try to add them to my website coming up.

EagleMark
November 18th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Thank you minytrker for the replacement cables at a good price and fast shipping! :good: