PDA

View Full Version : LC1 Issues

nonnieselman
August 8th, 2012, 05:29 AM
So i finally got around to putting my new S475 Turbo on and unwired my LC1 from under my truck and rewired it under the hood so the Sensor would be in the downpipe.
Fired it up and went for the first boosted test drive. wideband worked for about 2-3 minutes then went to 7.5afr.. i can restart the truck and it works for about a minute..

Yall got any ideas? I redid the ground wires to be safe. Still no worky.

My new LC1 will be here today, but id love to get this one working so i can put it in the Samurai so i can tune the 4.8..

Any ideas?

tokymon
August 8th, 2012, 05:47 AM
how close is the sensor to youre turbo ?
it maybe already cooked due to heat

nonnieselman
August 8th, 2012, 08:32 AM
prolly 16"
Same as what KBRacing96 does on all his turbo kits.

nonnieselman
August 9th, 2012, 03:41 AM
Got my new LC1 in yesterday.. need a Serial to usb adapter now.. argh!!!!!

Gonna look at goin serial to the V2..

joecar
August 9th, 2012, 05:08 AM

Gonna look at goin serial to the V2..See post #3 here: serial-port-cable-that-goes-to-v2 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?9340-serial-port-cable-that-goes-to-v2)

nonnieselman
August 15th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Thanks joe,
i tried that already and it didnt work.. so i figured id just buy a setup from taquickness.

I got the new LC1 in and finally found a Serial/USB and got it programmed.. why the heck do they still use Serial connections? Thats 20yr old technology :(

Now i have a wiring issue, the LC1 and gauges come on and go off when they want to.

joecar
August 15th, 2012, 07:19 AM
( lol, actually serial comms dates back to the 1960's... 50 year old technology :) )

Sounds like a bad power/ground connection.

nonnieselman
August 15th, 2012, 08:55 AM
I knew it was old.. heck i studied that crap and computer programming in college almost 10 years ago..

I gotta run some more wire in my rats nest of wires under the dash.. :lookaround:

HellKnightHicks
September 6th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Well im having trouble with my LC-1. The gauge reads fine that I have attached to it... But the flash and scan box isnt getting any information.

I've driven a little it and logged at least twice and just all the sudden nothing couple starts latter.. not getting anything.

I checked the Flash and Scan box and it says that there is no wide band connected. I tried recalibrating the heater and the sensor. Thinking that would help but Im still getting nothing when logging.

Thanks

joecar
September 6th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Well im having trouble with my LC-1. The gauge reads fine that I have attached to it... But the flash and scan box isnt getting any information.

I've driven a little it and logged at least twice and just all the sudden nothing couple starts latter.. not getting anything.

I checked the Flash and Scan box and it says that there is no wide band connected. I tried recalibrating the heater and the sensor. Thinking that would help but Im still getting nothing when logging.

ThanksAre you using serial comms, check your serial cable and the RJ12 plug on the end of it...

also make sure that the null terminator plug (looks like a blank 2.5mm stereo plug) has not come unplugged.

HellKnightHicks
September 6th, 2012, 01:16 PM
your sposed to plug that in the other side?

I ordered one of those cables that goes from the 3.5 mm to the Rj12 "phone jack". I checked both ends of that.

if the 3.5 terminator is needed why did it ever work?

Thanks

joecar
September 6th, 2012, 01:55 PM
It says in the LC-1 user manual to use the terminator plug... I could not get mine to do serial comms without the terminator.

HellKnightHicks
September 6th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Odd it worked.... ill have to shove that in there.... im just really suprised that it worked in the first place...

Thanks for the tip ill check back.

HellKnightHicks
September 8th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Added the terminator and still the flash and scan reports that there's nothing connected.

Even checked the settings pertaining to the wide band and the com port on the Flash and scan.

It has worked but no longer does.

joecar
September 8th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Can you connect to your LC-1 using the LM Programmer software on the laptop/PC (need the straight thru cable from Innovate to do this)...?

HellKnightHicks
September 8th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I have the cable from innovate but i dunno what i did with that software disk.

joecar
September 8th, 2012, 04:10 PM
The LM Programmer software can be downloaded from Innovate's website

( in general, do not use discs that come in the box, they are usually out of date )

HellKnightHicks
September 9th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Log works software?

Found at the top of this page.
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support.php

Thats what i need right?

Thanks

joecar
September 10th, 2012, 01:48 AM
Yes, Logworks includes LM Programmer.

HellKnightHicks
September 10th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Downloaded log works onto my laptop... waiting for the usb to serial adapter to come in... should be her tomarrow. Then well find out for sure whats going on.

joecar
September 11th, 2012, 02:06 AM
I hate it when a new PC/Laptop doesn't have a serial port...

HellKnightHicks
September 11th, 2012, 02:09 AM
I hate it when a new PC/Laptop doesn't have a serial port...

At my store we seldome see laptops that have RS232 ports. You've also got to think that 90% of the customers who buy computers barley know how to do anything but face book.

Sad but true. At least thats how it is where im from... And at my PC repair store.

Chevy366
September 12th, 2012, 03:22 AM
Seriously, automotive needs to get with the program, it is almost impossible to find a off the shelf device with a serial port, come into the 21th century it will not hurt you.

HellKnightHicks
September 12th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Seriously, automotive needs to get with the program, it is almost impossible to find a off the shelf device with a serial port, come into the 21th century it will not hurt you.

i agree usb to serial included in the kit or built in the device would be a more logical approach

HellKnightHicks
September 14th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Well just got around to Hooking up the serial cable to the LC-1

And there software cant talk to it either... I have some screen shots i can post monday...

Should i contact Innovate about the issue....?

Bummer I think i wanna go ahead and hook it up analog so that i can get dial the engine in a bit... I really wanna get to driving this thing befor winter kicks in.....

HellKnightHicks
September 15th, 2012, 10:04 AM
How do i hook this thing up Analog to my Flash and scan?

HellKnightHicks
September 17th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Tried to hook it up analog and you have to be able to connect to the system with com port... Thats not going to work... Ordered annother one and will replace shortly.

THanks for the help will keep you posted

mr.prick
September 17th, 2012, 07:40 AM
The V2 has internal settings for serial WBO2 that need to be set for each manufacturer.

HellKnightHicks
September 17th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Flash and scan set for Innovate WO2 on com port

Data type: AFR & Lambda

Bank: Set to both

joecar
September 17th, 2012, 08:03 AM
I think something broke because HKH said it was previously working...

if he can't connect from laptop (LM Programmer software) to LC-1 using the Innovate cable (SERIAL OUT) and the blank terminator plug (SERIAL IN), then either the cable is broken or the LC-1 is broken...

this is the conclusion he came to and is getting a replacement.

HellKnightHicks
September 24th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Looks like the replacemnt is working properly... not sure if im displaying the right information on it but it is working.

I'ld think it would log properly now... I was also able to get the LM software to connect.

Thanks for the help.... Now its back to auto VE

joecar
September 25th, 2012, 02:48 AM
Yes, that display shows it's seeing the oxygen content in free air (no combustion/exhaust gases present).

I'm glad it's now working (by way of replacement), thanks for updating :cheers:

HellKnightHicks
September 25th, 2012, 02:59 AM
np thanks for the help.... now im going to try to do the Auto VE... Hopefully ill get some usable data this time.