PDA

View Full Version : olsd flash no.crank

relentless addiction
August 9th, 2012, 11:46 PM
I'm kinda.lost on.what the.problem.is. I have checked the battery and the starter sol. I have used the scan tool to change vin and tune tool to do the relink. I think that's where the problem is when I turn the ign off for the relink then back on I get no message saying completed. Car is an 05 gto ls1 don't have my laptop in front of me to post
the os.

Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks

relentless addiction
August 10th, 2012, 01:16 AM
Also I have all dash lights all acc. Work when I turn the key dash lights do not go out like the would when the starter is engaged.

joecar
August 10th, 2012, 02:51 AM
For the VATS relink, when you turn the key off, do you wait at least 20 seconds (maybe more)...?

relentless addiction
August 10th, 2012, 03:30 AM
Yes sir. I'm lost I can.flash.connect read. Log data but won't start. Is their a chip in.the key?

Taz
August 10th, 2012, 03:37 AM
... Car is an 05 gto ls1 ...

2005 GTO were LS2 with E40 / T42 (if auto) controllers. Post your tune (OLSD) when you have a chance - otherwise this is just guess work.

Regards,
Taz

relentless addiction
August 10th, 2012, 03:39 AM
Ok fellas.will today about 4:30 est. Thanks for the quick replies

relentless addiction
August 10th, 2012, 08:53 AM
tune file.... i also flashed in the original read file and the same problem... im puzzled

joecar
August 10th, 2012, 11:16 AM
While cranking, log one of the state pids (the one with the VATS flags), it will indicated if VATS is activating.

slows10
August 10th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Is this an 2004 ls1b you are tuning? Thats what the vin says. Why are you calling it a 2005 gto? Also post up the original file from this car that you are tuning.

slows10
August 10th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Also are you using 42-44lb hr injectors? Post up the details on the build!! Also please post a log.

slows10
August 10th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Is this a holden? Come on man help people out a bit when your lookin 4 help. How about in your sig or whatever you let people know where you live and be confident enough of what your tuning. Or where people supposed to have a crystal ball and just know in your first two posts?

relentless addiction
August 12th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Is this an 2004 ls1b you are tuning? Thats what the vin says. Why are you calling it a 2005 gto? Also post up the original file from this car that you are tuning.

it is an 04... i also have an 05 in the shop as well i got mixed up... should have a log file by tomorrow evening.

did a custom ground cam from erson, patroit cnc head, machined block to zero deck milled heads to 58cc, long tubes, pintle 42lbs inj, 4400 stall 9" converter, ported intake and cnc tb, hv oil pump, double roller chain, head studs, etc.

relentless addiction
August 12th, 2012, 01:14 PM
car ran fine backed it out of shop, washed, pulled back in to finish tuning and thats the no crank/start situation

Taz
August 12th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Where is your PCM mounted ? Some are water tight - others are not. Have seen water intrusion corrupt the PCM.

Regards,
Taz

relentless addiction
August 13th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Where is your PCM mounted ? Some are water tight - others are not. Have seen water intrusion corrupt the PCM.

Regards,
Taz

factory location, factory shroud.

i will check shroud and connections. i honestly think im over looking something simple.

i didnt have time to mess with this today. had a million customers in and out today getting fuel and having head work done, as well as trying to get motor swap finished up. customer gets back from kuwait the 19th and still on final stages of assembly and intall into truck. the date was pushed ahead a week so focused on that today as much as possible.

vats file should be up tomo and going to try another relink.

slows10
August 15th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Good point on the water intrusion. Saw it on my own ls1 b ecm. Had some problems with the engine not running right. Went through the checklist, and finally changed the ecm problem solved. Opened up my ecm and it had some water moisture in it.

relentless addiction
August 21st, 2012, 02:46 PM
Still have no luck I did notice under (f7) obd2 to list modules only pcm appears not bcm tried another relink and nothing. When the relink is attempted I get the pop up menu but after relink is attempted (key on) I get no message saying complete. Every fuse has been checked starter and solenoid on and off vehicle. Only thing next is the ignition switch itself I think would be rare though considering all positions work except cranking.

relentless addiction
August 21st, 2012, 02:52 PM
P1630 theft deterrent learn mode active... History code

johnv
August 21st, 2012, 06:59 PM
Even if the PCM needs relinking, engine should crank and fire for a few seconds.
sounds like you may have other issues, sure you haven't mixed ign keys with the other GTO ?

relentless addiction
August 22nd, 2012, 06:04 AM
Even if the PCM needs relinking, engine should crank and fire for a few seconds.
sounds like you may have other issues, sure you haven't mixed ign keys with the other GTO ?

Yea other gto is done and out of the shop

relentless addiction
August 28th, 2012, 10:28 AM

you were right i had a broke wire making a so so connection at prndl switch.

thanks for the help
:mrgreen: