PDA

View Full Version : NEED Starter file for 1998 408 Manual trans w/ 60# injectors

Qpred98
August 11th, 2012, 01:07 AM
Good Morning or Evening(depending on where you are)!

Will anyone help me out? I'm in need of a starter file to get this puppy started so that I can get it to a tuner.(tuner uses HPT, so don't think they'll be able to help me in the garage at home.) So far it takes a good while to start and when it does, I have to keep my foot on the gas >1200rpms for it to stay running. If I let off of the gas, it will fall dead and then will not start for a while. Last attempt at starting resulted in a backfire! :sneaky:

408cid
Comp297 cam
FAST102
60# Siemens inj.
manual vb 4l80

Thanks in advance!

BLK02WS6
August 11th, 2012, 02:07 AM
Post up your current tune and I can try to help you tonight when I get back home... If you haven't tuned for the bigger injectors, you shouldn't even be starting it - it will be so rich that you will foul the plugs and possibly wash the rings...

Qpred98
August 11th, 2012, 04:40 AM
Ok...I have attached the current file. Don't laugh too much!

minytrker
August 11th, 2012, 10:23 AM
I would work on the VE and cranking VE and put back to stock for starters. If you want it tuned with EFI I do tuning in College Station (LSX Power Tuning) with EFI Live. Make sure they dont use a custom OS with HPT or it will lock you out with EFI.

Qpred98
August 11th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Ok...I'll check on the custom OS HPT thing. Probably in my best interest to find a EFI-Live tuner instead.

BLK02WS6
August 12th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Sorry, I had a busy weekend with my family... Give this a try and see if it isn't a better base tune... Also, I would recommend going to minytrker for your tune!

Qpred98
August 13th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the replies..and the help so far. I'll try to get this uploaded and yes, I have been in contact with fellow native, minytrker!