PDA

View Full Version : throttle follower question

smslyguy
August 11th, 2012, 02:34 AM
13696 Don't know why but on my throttle follower scan it wants me to add .35 on the 23.55% throttle. It seems very odd that it jumps that high in that catogory.. Any ideas??? Here is a copy of my scan.

Also on a m6 car when you add to the throttle follower which decay rate are you supposed to adjust by the same percentage??

The Alchemist
September 4th, 2012, 09:32 PM
not sure what you mean here, how do you mean "add" 0.35 on the 23.55% throttle. Really need to see the tune posted as well.
Throttle follower is better described (at least I think so) as a throttle "leader". IE: it leads the throttle movement with a coresponding movement in the Idle control solenoid by a pre determined amount set in the table. It affects the feel of clutch engagement, or gently pulling away from a stop in an auto. Once you're nailing the throttle it becomes irrelevant. Once you're past about 3 to 4% throttle, where it all matters, forget about it. Its a feel or drivibility setting really. Hope this helps,
cheers,
Mike

joecar
September 17th, 2012, 01:41 PM
smslyguy,

which pid are you referring to (GM.IAC_TF_DMA...?)...?

post your tune file, and also indicate which frame # in the log file in post #1.