PDA

View Full Version : Cruise not working after calibration flash....two vehicles

Redline Motorsports
August 11th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Had a 2011 Camaro we did a package on....shipped car five states away and customer claimed he had no cruise control. We worked with the dealer and decided to have them send the controller back to us....we did a TIS flash and reloaded the calibration.....still not working.

We then contacted a guy out there with another software in which they reflahed the car to stock and then he copied and pasted all the modified data into the calibration.....problem was fixed..

Whatever was happening was not allowing the ECM to see the cruise activated.

Then yesterday one of my G8 customers advised me of the same issue.....something is obviously get twisted when we reflash with efilive and seems like its in the OS...

Any ideas?

Howard

Taz
August 11th, 2012, 06:35 AM
Hello Howard,

Great article on your company, and achievements, in the August issue of GM High-Tech Performance - I had been meaning to send you a congratulatory PM.

I don't have an answer to your question. I do know the HPT crowd has had similar issues with the current Camaro after a reflash. The common solution seems to be either to remove all power to all modules (i.e. unhook the battery) - which then requires a relearn of the window position etc., or to drive the vehicle for a few days - as it will often self-correct.

Seems like the communications protocols have become more complex, and thereby less amenable to aftermarket tuning software.

Regards,
Taz

Redline Motorsports
August 11th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Hello Howard,

Great article on your company, and achievements, in the August issue of GM High-Tech Performance - I had been meaning to send you a congratulatory PM.

I don't have an answer to your question. I do know the HPT crowd has had similar issues with the current Camaro after a reflash. The common solution seems to be either to remove all power to all modules (i.e. unhook the battery) - which then requires a relearn of the window position etc., or to drive the vehicle for a few days - as it will often self-correct.

Seems like the communications protocols have become more complex, and thereby less amenable to aftermarket tuning software.

Regards,
Taz

Thanks Taz! Appreciate it! Few more in the hopper still.

Yeah I knew HPT had that issue a while back. I'd still like to know what's triggering it and why.

Howard

GMPX
August 12th, 2012, 09:27 AM
Howard/Taz, I also had heard that HPT users needed to pull power after a read/reflash not only for the Cruise Control but to get the engine to run.
Your issue is the first I've ever heard of such issues with EFILive, given it's a 2011 you have probably flashed many like it before, so is this the first one you've ever had the trouble with?

Redline Motorsports
August 13th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Howard/Taz, I also had heard that HPT users needed to pull power after a read/reflash not only for the Cruise Control but to get the engine to run.
Your issue is the first I've ever heard of such issues with EFILive, given it's a 2011 you have probably flashed many like it before, so is this the first one you've ever had the trouble with?

The 2011 was the first one I have had a complaint with and then this weekend while calibrating in NY a prior G8 car I did had the same issue.

Im not aware of anything in the calibration that we can change that should knock the cruise out. If I send you the file that was the problem can you possible see what's different from the stock route file?

Like I had stated the guy that looked at it for us just TIS flashed it and manually carried in my data with I think Tuner Cat and it was fixed...

GMPX
August 13th, 2012, 08:37 AM
If I send you the file that was the problem can you possible see what's different from the stock route file?
Probably not, needle in a haystack stuff if it's a calibration issue. We'll just be mindful of it being a potential issue and keep an ear out. I assume you've never had an issue with any of your own company rides?

SPi
October 27th, 2016, 04:05 AM
Whatever happened with this? Just had this issue surface on a 2011 Camaro as well. I've tuned at least 200 other 5th gens with no issues...

GMPX
October 27th, 2016, 09:33 AM
Nothing further happened as far as EFILive changing anything, as you said you've tuned 200 others without a problem and we haven't heard any more from the users above. Unfortunately it is impossible for us to figure it out without having access to a problematic car ourselves.

SPi
November 3rd, 2016, 04:05 AM
Thanks for the reply GPMX. Just to update this, the cruise is now working again. I'm not sure how this would change things but all I did was to re-flash the same tune back into the car using the tuning software instead of the scan and tune, which I haven't done since scan and tune was introduced. Cruise worked right after that. Can't explain it, but it worked.

GMPX
November 3rd, 2016, 07:17 AM
Thanks for the update.

joecar
November 3rd, 2016, 07:25 AM
... but all I did was to re-flash the same tune back into the car using the tuning software instead of the scan and tune...I take it that means the V7.5 tunetool...

SPi
November 3rd, 2016, 08:22 AM
Yes joecar, that is what I meant