PDA

View Full Version : Error message speedo calibration

catman3126
August 12th, 2012, 05:44 AM
I keep getting this error message when I goto calibrate a speedo and the Speedo fine tuning does not sem to work. any Ideas?

joecar
August 13th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Your Windows login account does not have sufficient privileges to write a file to a system folder...

reytx1
February 5th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Your Windows login account does not have sufficient privileges to write a file to a system folder...

I'm reviving this thread because I'm getting the same message, what exactly do you mean by this?

The tune i'm working on is from a 98 ls1 trans am. I'm also getting another error message that says "Tire diameter cannot be calculated because diff ratio is zero."

joecar
February 5th, 2013, 03:06 PM
When you log in to Windows, if you're not Admin then you have limited privileges (you won't be allowed to write files in the Program Files folder)...

when EFLive tunetool performs certain specific functions (like speedo calibration shown above) it writes a file in the Program Files folder...

but if you don't have Admin privileges then Windows prohbits the file write...

so either you have to login as Admin or you have to otherwise assign sufficient privileges to your login (typically via Admin).

joecar
February 5th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Post a screenshot showing the differential ratio being zero...

a non-zero differential ratio is required in order to calculate tire diameter (to avoid divide-by-zero).

reytx1
February 6th, 2013, 10:46 AM

reytx1
February 6th, 2013, 10:46 AM

reytx1
February 6th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Here are the screenshots, the first is where it says it cannot be calculated because the diff ratio is zero.

The second screenshot is where it says "cannot create file/Access is denied" just like the op's problem.

I checked the settings on my computer and it is set to admin.

joecar
February 6th, 2013, 10:54 AM
I pm'd Tech Support.

Blacky
February 6th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Here are the screenshots, the first is where it says it cannot be calculated because the diff ratio is zero.

The second screenshot is where it says "cannot create file/Access is denied" just like the op's problem.

I checked the settings on my computer and it is set to admin.

You still have a permissions restriction. Using Windows explorer, navigate to the folder:
C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5 (if that is where EFILive V7.5 is installed) and right click on the right hand side where the file names are listed and select New->Text Document.
If you can create a new text document then your permissions are ok, if you cannot create the text document then you do not have permission to create files in that folder. That also means EFILive will not have permission to create its files in that folder.
Chances are the right-click "New" submenu will only have "Folder" in it, meaning you can only create folders and not any other type of file.

Regards
Paul

reytx1
February 6th, 2013, 05:18 PM
You still have a permissions restriction. Using Windows explorer, navigate to the folder:
C:\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5 (if that is where EFILive V7.5 is installed) and right click on the right hand side where the file names are listed and select New->Text Document.
If you can create a new text document then your permissions are ok, if you cannot create the text document then you do not have permission to create files in that folder. That also means EFILive will not have permission to create its files in that folder.
Chances are the right-click "New" submenu will only have "Folder" in it, meaning you can only create folders and not any other type of file.

Regards
Paul

Ok I tried the steps you listed and yes you are correct, I CANNOT create a text document.

How can i find where the restriction is?

reytx1
February 6th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Here is a screenshot of the security tab in properties from the file. Seems like all the "permissions" are checked for "allow".14523

joecar
February 7th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Login as Administrator and try again.

Blacky
February 7th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Believe it or not you (the user you are logged in as) is not the "Owner of the PC". You need to add your user to the security list and then provide full access to that user.

On windows 7 do this:

Right click on the V7.5 folder name.
Go to properties>security tab
Click [Edit] (if you are not running as administrator and UAC is active you will need to provide the admin password at this point).
Click [Add]
Type your Windows User Name and click [Check Names], it should show your computer name and user name like this COMPUTER\user
Click OK
Make sure the newly added username is selected and check the [Full Control] check-box.
Click OK

You should now have full permission on that folder.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
February 7th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Another, simpler option is to install EFILive V7 (and/or V8) into a folder other than C:\Program Files.
I install my versions of EFILive in "D:\EFILive Production\"

Regards
Paul

reytx1
February 7th, 2013, 11:35 AM
When I turn my computer on, there is only one account I can click, and its owner. In the control panel settings it says the user "Owner" is admin. In the security tab the owner/adminstrator is set to full control.

Am I missing something here?

reytx1
February 7th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Ok I figured it out. For some reason even though i'm logged in as admin, my efi software opens up as a public user. So in order to fix my problem I right click on the "efi live 7.5" desktop shortcut and click run as administrator. Thanks!!

But i'm still getting the error message that says "Tire diameter cannot be calculated because diff ratio is zero."