PDA

View Full Version : Build 211 cant dsp5 flash

slipclutchms
August 13th, 2012, 12:20 AM
So I have been running build 139 for awhile now because last time I flashed an Lly it was giving me headaches.....so tonight I pull the stock tune out....installed a dsp5 switch then went to flash it.....here the trouble starts. It came up with some error along the lines of cannot communicate with flash scan tool.... So after trying different USB cables to no avail I went ahead and updated to 211 and also updated v8 and the boot block and firmware...I also programed all the BBX stuff. I was then able to perform a full flash with a single tune non dsp5. As soon as I try to flash a full dsp5 os I get this error message which makes no sense to me cause I am full flashing then after selecting ok everything stops again with the message ECM in unknown state and stops the flash. Any ideas? The ECM does have a serial number because I was able to full flash it but this DSP stuf is a no go

WisconsinHick1
August 13th, 2012, 12:47 AM
Try hooking up the laptop to V2 then plug into the OBII port. I was having problems flashing when I hooked up to the truck first then up to the laptop.

slipclutchms
August 13th, 2012, 01:28 AM
As long as we are talking sequence....What is the exact proper sequence? Turn laptop on, plug in V2, turn on truck, plug in OBDII?

WisconsinHick1
August 13th, 2012, 02:59 AM
As long as we are talking sequence....What is the exact proper sequence? Turn laptop on, plug in V2, turn on truck, plug in OBDII?

My sequence is turn laptop on, plug in V2, plug in OBDII, turn on truck.