PDA

View Full Version : B1906 Knock Recovery Rate Question.

PRAY
August 13th, 2012, 12:13 PM
I did a H/C/I install on a 2010 Camaro that already had headers and a tune. When I got to the knock stuff I realized that B1906 Knock Recovery Rate table was flattened out at 10. All the other stock tables I have seen start at 10 and then scale down to .05 or so relatively quickly. My question is, should I return it back to the other stock tables I have seen, and does entering 10 effectivly deaden/eleminate the knock sensor? All the other knock tables were set to stock as far as I could tell. This is my first Camaro so I had to reference the Corvettes I have done. I noticed that this combo is taking more timing down low than I have seen others take. I can't hear any detonation but the car is laud as crap. I kept the top end and WOT conservative just incase.

Rhino79
August 13th, 2012, 02:05 PM
I would drop it down a bit. That's rediculously high. Taper it down to about 1 this helps it recover faster than stock which makes it easier to pinpoint exact problem areas, but it still gives you plenty of protection.

rally1
August 13th, 2012, 08:30 PM
I agree, tapper it down to 1...

PRAY
August 13th, 2012, 11:53 PM
That is what I thought. I just didn't have the stock Camaro Bin to look at. I usually modify it a touch so if there is "knock" real or percieved it recovers quickly but doest effect the sensativity. Thanks guys.