PDA

View Full Version : Turning off Downstream O2 Sensors

Phydeauxman
August 14th, 2012, 12:49 AM
I have a 2007 Cadillac Escalade which I recently installed Kooks headers and a catt'ed Y-Pipe on. After the install, the check engine light keeps coming on for the O2 sensors which I was warned would happen. I checked the codes and it is in fact that the delta between the upstream and downstream are out of tolerance. My friend has a FlashScan and he has offered to turn them off for me if I buy the license and I do the research as to what has to be changed in the software. Has anyone on here done this before...and can provide the details?

Thanks

Gregs
August 17th, 2012, 07:49 AM
I have a 2007 Cadillac Escalade which I recently installed Kooks headers and a catt'ed Y-Pipe on. After the install, the check engine light keeps coming on for the O2 sensors which I was warned would happen. I checked the codes and it is in fact that the delta between the upstream and downstream are out of tolerance. My friend has a FlashScan and he has offered to turn them off for me if I buy the license and I do the research as to what has to be changed in the software. Has anyone on here done this before...and can provide the details?

Thanks

Its pretty simple you just go into engine diagnostics and set the codes to no mil. It worries me that your friend wouldn't know how to do something so basic... :ermm: