PDA

View Full Version : brand new V2 crashes my HP

Icon13
August 14th, 2012, 11:32 PM
NEW HERE ;)

just got my efi live and v2, when I attempt to connect my v2 for the first time to my HP it goes to a blue screen saying alot of lingo i dont understand, ie. check vendor for update to bios, poss not enough memory, ect ect. then i have to shut the computer off to restore everything. any help would be great thanks.
checked the fourm's for this problem and couldnt find anything on my situation.

joecar
August 15th, 2012, 05:18 AM
Start->All Programs->EFILive->V8->USB Device Manager,

click Uninstall USB Drivers,

click Install USB V2.02.04 (i.e. the older driver) and follow instructions;

report back.

Icon13
August 15th, 2012, 05:24 AM
could the problem be that im running windows 7? the instruction pdf file says recomended xp win2k and no less then windows 98 i believe windows 7 is newer then all of them. maybe this si the problem! i ran the efi live v2 disk on my desktop with xp and it worked. but obviously not practical lol. suggestions anyone?

Icon13
August 15th, 2012, 05:48 AM
My HP windows 7 keeps crashing when i plug in my V2 to it. does anyone else run windows 7 and efi live V2 with any problems? it works on my desktop with Xp just not my lap top with windows 7. please help Thanks

Icon13
August 15th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Joecar tried what you mentioned and i get Error code:740 when i try to uninstall the drivers?

joecar
August 15th, 2012, 07:15 AM
It should work with Win7 and Win8, we have members here running on those.

Taz
August 15th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Windows 7 and EFILive work fine together. Download (save) Build 211 (V7.5) and Build 203 (V8) to your computer. Then to install, right click and select "Run as Administrator" - install Build 211 first, then Build 203. Once that is complete, use V8 to check the Bootblock and Firmware of your V2.

Currently running EFILive on XP, Vista, and 7 - no issues.

Regards,
Taz

Taz
August 15th, 2012, 07:22 AM
Answered in the other thread you started regarding the same issue .......

Regards,
Taz

joecar
August 15th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Ok, I merged the two threads (so the replies may seem odd since they are in order of time posted).

Icon13
August 15th, 2012, 08:20 AM
>Joecar I tried what you mentioned and it changing the USB drivers to a older version still crashes my computer. >Taz I will try what you said! ill keep you posted in the outcome! spent all day on this and I hope to god this works. thanks guys!

Icon13
August 15th, 2012, 08:33 AM

this is what i keep getting when plugging in the V2 to my HP

joecar
August 15th, 2012, 09:00 AM
I pm'd Tech Support.

Icon13
August 15th, 2012, 09:15 AM
>Joe, ok thanks, i tried what Taz said and same result! im about to toss this laptop in the trash lol. noobie question though, he said check in V8 for the firmware and bootblock in the v2 its blank cause i cant get the v2 to hook up without crashing my comp, is there another way to manually enter it?

racerx004
August 16th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Just wondering, have you tried running just the EFI live software with out the V2 hooked up? Here is what I would try. If you have any custom tunes, save them to a different file besides the EFI folder, like a regular documents folder. Then completly uninstall EFI from the HP. Next download the program directley from the EFI website (not from the cd) and install it. Then see if EFI will run in demo mode. If it does, then hook up the V2 and see if you can update it with the latest firmware and what not.
I would try running EFI and getting that completly updated first befor hookinh up the V2. I'm running windows 7 and not having any problems.

Highlander
August 28th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Incredible.. i had fixed this and now all of the sudden same thing happening. PC is still forcing the same newer driver....

64camino
August 30th, 2012, 07:53 AM
It does this to my HP with windows 7 also. I have to use my old sony or a new lenovo with 7 when I need to use pass through.

Highlander
August 30th, 2012, 07:57 AM
I had to do a restore and they started to work again, but I fear when it happens again. its due to the newer drivers. you need older drivers.... since MS bundles with the newer drivers, there you go. BAM

joecar
August 30th, 2012, 09:24 AM
Use the EFILive USB Manager tool to uninstall the new driver and install the old driver.

Highlander
August 30th, 2012, 10:11 AM
At least I did that and it worked the first time... the second one, only a restore fixed the issue.

infoleather
September 6th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Installation, right-click and choose "Run as administrator" - Install the first establishment of 211, and then select Build 203.

minytrker
September 6th, 2012, 04:10 PM
On one of my laptops I have to keep installing the old driver. Good news is it doesn't blue screen it the v2 just won't power up. It's a new acer laptop

akafred
October 6th, 2012, 11:58 AM
i get this error also, the only way i can use efilive on this one computer is if i dual boot into 32bit windows 7

this is what i keep getting when plugging in the V2 to my HP

catman3126
November 14th, 2012, 02:05 AM
This is the same thing happening to mine. I started another thread and then saw this one so I will sub this one.

Highlander
November 14th, 2012, 03:36 AM
No need to dual boot.. you just have to hit f8 just after the bios boots and a menu will appear.. choose disable digital signature enforcement and continue to boot.

Download the driver set from moates.net and you will be able to use it no problems. be sure to NOT boot with the usb connected or it will crash...

Highlander
November 14th, 2012, 03:46 AM
http://www.moates.net/zips/usbdrv.zip

catman3126
November 14th, 2012, 03:31 PM
http://www.moates.net/zips/usbdrv.zip

Ok so once downladed what do I do with the moates drivers?

joecar
November 15th, 2012, 04:35 AM
You don't have to download the drivers from moates, the EFILive software includes them.

The thing you should be looking into is this:

No need to dual boot.. you just have to hit f8 just after the bios boots and a menu will appear.. choose disable digital signature enforcement and continue to boot.

catman3126
November 15th, 2012, 04:44 AM
Yep did that three times .when I start the unit I hit f8 and selected disable digital signature enforcement and hit enter and still doesn't help.

minytrker
November 15th, 2012, 04:51 AM
I finally deleted efi live and did a clean install and installed the older driver as admin and never had an issue since.

joecar
November 15th, 2012, 04:53 AM
Do what minytrker did.

catman3126
November 15th, 2012, 04:53 AM
That has to be what's going on because this laptop has never worked right since I got it with EFI. So do I have to change something when I start my laptop to start it up as a admin?

joecar
November 15th, 2012, 05:06 AM
It should present you with a login window.

catman3126
November 15th, 2012, 05:50 AM
when i start it it just has the password screen and when I type it in it doesn't have a place to log in as admin or any other options.

catman3126
November 15th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Well none of this worked i unistalled EFI v7 and v8 reinstalled as admin and then installed the old driver as admin and when i connected the v2 the first couple times it works like normal. then on the third time I conected the v2 here came the blue screen again. so pretty much tried everything and nothing has worked. so I'm thinking something is wrong with my new laptop and called dell and they said for 240$ they would take a look at it I said no thanks. so anyone have any other ideas? thanks for all the help.

catman3126
November 16th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Incredible.. i had fixed this and now all of the sudden same thing happening. PC is still forcing the same newer driver....

This is whats happening to me, once I uninstall the driver and select to install the old driver the v2 cn be connectedc once or twice and then about the third time I goto connect it it crases so it must be the pc forcing the new driver to install when i connect my V2, I have sat here with the v2 connected for a half hour and it seems fine. but the third time i disconnect and reconnect it, it crashes. I have doen the F8 and disabled the signature and that doesn't help I have uninstalled the v7/v8 programs and saved them to the desktop and installed them as admin and that hasnt helped and I have ran USB installer as admin and that hasn't worked. so I'm out of options at this point. really hate to take this to a pro shop to pay them to figure it out I'm sure there is something I'm missing. Any ideas?

joecar
November 16th, 2012, 07:00 AM
I'm not sure how, but you have to disable the Windows program that automatically updates drivers.

catman3126
November 16th, 2012, 07:56 AM
Crap so now what do I do I wonder? Anybody?

catman3126
November 17th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Ok so for shits and grins I decided to install the newer version of the Efi Live drivers and tried it and it worked like it should, the old version of the drivers crashes and the newer versions fixes the problem. atleast on my windows 7 anyway. hope this works for anyone else who has this issue.