PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Silverado Classic ETC Issue

RdRacerZ28
August 16th, 2012, 07:22 AM
I built a 5.3 S/C Engine for a customer and everything works well except for one annoying problem.... When in closed loop and below aprox. 2500 RPM the throttle will only open a maximum of 25%. In open loop it works as you would expect opening properly in relation to how far the pedal is pressed. I've looked at the various tables and nothing stands out to me as a place where I can modify this. Any help is appreciated.

Jim

BLK02WS6
August 16th, 2012, 11:55 AM
Can you post up the tune.

joecar
August 16th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Are any DTC's being triggered...?

RdRacerZ28
August 17th, 2012, 01:31 AM
No Trouble codes, truck works great just can't accelerate hard until the rpms are up and the throttle opens completely. More importantly, the customer can't do a burn out..... priorities. Any help is appreciated.

Gregs
August 17th, 2012, 02:27 AM
No Trouble codes, truck works great just can't accelerate hard until the rpms are up and the throttle opens completely. More importantly, the customer can't do a burn out..... priorities. Any help is appreciated.

I don't know if this will help you out or not but I maxed out B0401 and B6614 in my tunes. Looks like you already did a good job disabling all the other torque limiting and traction control options.

-Greg

burn out..... priorities :grin:

RdRacerZ28
August 17th, 2012, 07:00 AM
I maxxed those out Gregs, I'll give it a try........ throttle is also limited to 25% in park/neutral as well. Test driving now.

RdRacerZ28
August 17th, 2012, 07:06 AM
No change unfortunately..... hopefully someone has run into this before.

Gregs
August 17th, 2012, 07:36 AM
No change unfortunately..... hopefully someone has run into this before.

Bummer, the only limiting table I see left are the abuse mode ones in the trans but I dont think changing them will fix your problem.

Oh! I just remembered you might need to tweek the airflow model table for the etc. i'm away from my computer right now so I cant remember exactly which table it is. I'll put my money that you're having more airflow than is modeled in the stock table and the computer is trying to prevent a "runaway" engine. ...yep that sounds right to me.

Hopefully someone will chime in and remember what table you need to modify

-Greg

BLK02WS6
August 17th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Here you go - made some changes for your problem. Also, you had several out of range values - I fixed those. However, your injector flow rate table is WAY jacked up! Where did you come up with that? Are you still working the VE table? it needs some work...

RdRacerZ28
August 24th, 2012, 02:26 AM
Here you go - made some changes for your problem. Also, you had several out of range values - I fixed those. However, your injector flow rate table is WAY jacked up! Where did you come up with that? Are you still working the VE table? it needs some work...

I'll give it a try, didn't know anyone had posted. The Injector table does need some work, someone was in there before me. We dynoed the engine and made sure the WOT and heaver load areas were good now I'm cleaning up the rest in the chassis dyno and the road.

Thanks for the help.

RdRacerZ28
August 24th, 2012, 03:10 AM
Would go over 30 MPH with that program. I put mine back in and the customer is going to come get it and drive it for now.

BLK02WS6
August 24th, 2012, 12:46 PM
I'm not sure what is going on... that tune I posted has all the same things done to the limiter tables as a 427 turbo Silverado I am tuning, and it certaintly goes over 30 MPH and burnouts are no problem! I made a couple more changes to this one - try it if you want to when the truck comes back... I've had a few of these ETC trucks give me fits with obscure limiters kicking in - seems GM changed a little something in the truck tables every other year :bash: