PDA

View Full Version : 2009 6.7 DPF Delete Insights

LBZoom
August 18th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Hey guys,
flashed a 6.7 2009 model last night for a guy, runs good but on the way home he got some codes, we'll try to resolve those tonight...

I'm going to post some tune files up later, we were only flashing in a stock file with deletes.... I was only able to load one of many tune files into the truck, kept getting $0340 code I believe it was, and $40 download not accepted

I was basically only able to change one segment, once I branch out into shutting off any DTC's and such, it rejects the download....very frustrating. I'm going to try a different OS today maybe out of an 08 model truck. He's getting some DTC's right now for EGT sensor circuit high and a couple others...

Anyone else having the same issue and have a remedy?

Dmaxink
August 18th, 2012, 02:48 AM
I recommend trying another OS

LBZoom
August 18th, 2012, 03:26 AM
Thanks man, where's the best place to find 09 OS's, or will the 07-08 OS's I have work on the 09?

LBZoom
August 21st, 2012, 02:34 AM
Hey guys,
tried a different OS from an 08 model truck, exact same issue as the original OS..... still getting random codes for the DPF and EGT realted stuff because I'm not able to make all the necessary changes to the tune.... I'm posting the tune file that flashes in ok, as well as the others that won't.

As you'll see if you run a comparison to the various files, once I make adjustments to any other segments besides those in the "ECM options" folder, the truck rejects the tunes. I can't even disable DTC's.....

anarchydiesel
August 21st, 2012, 05:37 AM
I would say you have a truck with this bootloader. If so there is nothing you can do for it yet. http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?19770-cant-flash-an-07

LBZoom
August 23rd, 2012, 02:36 AM
Yep it's got that bootloader, sure enough.... I wonder if it's something they'll work to get cracked or if it's just "untuneable" surely there's a way, I hope!

KhakiCummins
October 12th, 2012, 10:20 AM
Don't mean to hijack this thread but my questions relates to what the OP was trying to do.....

I had been running the S67ME and recently went back to stock for my bi-annual test. Since I had to go back to stock, I went ahead and finally had the dealer do the J35 recall so I could have a clean tune. Now that I'm done with testing I want to go back deleted. I've already got a V2 to start tuning with and was thinking about just taking the stock tune, doing the deletes and starting with that as my baseline.

Would the truck still run good like this or do I need to make some other tweaks to the tune to get it to run without having some drivability issues?

Thanks for your inputs in advance.

Backhoe man
October 14th, 2012, 03:51 AM
The truck will run fine like that, it is a great way to start as well make one change at a time and see what happens.