PDA

View Full Version : P0894 code question

bigdaddy0381
August 20th, 2012, 02:43 AM
I have a 2004 Z71 (5.3) 4x4 with 35 inch tall tire and 4.56 gears. I also have a bigger cam (214/218 .559/.562 111 ) and CNC heads and a circle D stall converter 2600 stall.

My problem is I get a 0894 code above 70MPH on hwy. If I drive 69MPH it dose fine and no code no slipping. On normal driving around town it shifts fine and no slipping. from a scanner it shows the converter is locking but slips only above 70mph in a light roll in to the throttle or if a mat it rpms jump from 2200 to 26 to 2800.The first tuner (with the first trans and other stuff) tuned for everything but couldn't tune out my problem and said it was mechanical or the synthetic fluid I used.I did a fluid flush and I also had the valve body on the first trans changed and still did it, So I changed everything (new trans and TC) and I'm still getting the code and hard shifts until the truck is turned off a few seconds than all is back to normal.the SES light dose not come on unless I really push it.So i'm going to a new tuner this thursday, Is there something I can suggest him look at in the tune to fix this? I'm pretty positive its not mechanical as all those part have been replaced.

any help would be great..

joecar
August 20th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Post tune and logs if your tuner is ok with this (if he's not ok then please don't post them).

bigdaddy0381
August 20th, 2012, 05:20 AM
I don't think he will give them to me. I'll send a text and see.

bigdaddy0381
August 21st, 2012, 01:44 AM
No thoughts on this?

joecar
August 21st, 2012, 02:52 AM
Do you have any freeze frame data for those codes...?

Post a log file showing around 70 mph... include TIS, TOS, TCCSLIP, TCCMODE, GEAR, TFMPRS, TRQENG.

Set the TCC min PWM table the same as the TCC max PWM table.

Are you sure it is not slipping...?

In your logs look at TFMPRS when those code appear.

bigdaddy0381
August 21st, 2012, 03:16 AM
okay, I'll try again to get the logs from my first tuner. I'm kinda lost when it comes to this stuff for now. More than likely in the future I'll start tuning my own stuff after I read everything on this forum. Now I'm just looking for some insight on what to look for if this tuner is unable to fix my problem. The slip is noticeable above 70mph, it was scanned on a tech 2 scanner but that is the only time it would slip. every thing else was fine.

Thanks you for the help or atleast getting me headed the right way.

joecar
August 21st, 2012, 03:23 AM
Don't you have any current logs (from today)...?

joecar
August 21st, 2012, 03:24 AM
okay, I'll try again to get the logs from my first tuner. I'm kinda lost when it comes to this stuff for now. More than likely in the future I'll start tuning my own stuff after I read everything on this forum. Now I'm just looking for some insight on what to look for if this tuner is unable to fix my problem. The slip is noticeable above 70mph, it was scanned on a tech 2 scanner but that is the only time it would slip. every thing else was fine.

Thanks you for the help or atleast getting me headed the right way.

If you are getting noticeable slip then that's what P0894 is telling you...

(I think your large tire diameter is multiplying the load and the TCC is slipping because of this)

you can try increasing the TCC min PWM, and make sure the TCC Max PWM is high/maxed.

bigdaddy0381
August 21st, 2012, 03:38 AM
when the gear and tire sized was changed on the first tune would it still make things "off" for this to happen. would TM have anything to do with it?