PDA

View Full Version : MAF problems????

Danville Performance
February 21st, 2006, 11:09 AM
I have a good question for everyone. When we were data logging the 02 Silverado we found our pinging(spark knock) to be starting at 5600 rpm and up. As a safety precaution I backed the timing down above 5200 rpm till we got rid of the knock. After further inspection of the logged data we found that we were flat lining the factory MAF at 5500 rpm at 60lbs/min causing the pinging due to lack of fuel control above this rpm. After dueing some research I found that the trucks have the largest MAF sensors already from the factory.
Base LS1 is 56.67 lbs/min or 428.4609 grams/sec max 805cfm
LS6 Z06 is 58.68 lbs/min or 443.6016 grams/sec max
all trucks 4.8/5.3/6.0/8.1
60.01 lbs/min or 453.6875 grams/sec max

SLP 85mm no screen 70.27 lbs/min or 531.29 grams/sec max 1000cfm

We have the SLP on the way, my question is how do I go about recalibrating my MAF data in the program so that it will be accurate and work properly with the super charger. Any info on this will be greatly appreciated!

TAQuickness
February 21st, 2006, 11:50 AM
If you are dead set on running a maf, you will need to perform the steps in the AutoVE tutorial to dail in your VE table. When you VE table is correct, you then re-connect the MAF and apply the same methodology from the AutoVE tutorial to the MAF.

Black02SS
February 21st, 2006, 12:22 PM
TAQuickness hit it on the head though. Its the same process just with a different table. I personally would ditch the MAF and run a 2bar map sensor.

Danville Performance
February 21st, 2006, 01:07 PM
Hey guys, we would like to keep the MAF sensor for now due to the fact that I am not ready to do the map sensor swap and auto ve learn. We are not planning on going any higher in the power level we just want to get this lined out. I am still trying to figure out how the superchips programing that came with the charger works and when I figure it out I will then go through the relearn process. What brand wide02 are you guys using with the software for the relearn? Thanks alot.

Black02SS
February 21st, 2006, 01:15 PM
Hey guys, we would like to keep the MAF sensor for now due to the fact that I am not ready to do the map sensor swap and auto ve learn. We are not planning on going any higher in the power level we just want to get this lined out. I am still trying to figure out how the superchips programing that came with the charger works and when I figure it out I will then go through the relearn process. What brand wide02 are you guys using with the software for the relearn? Thanks alot.
I really prefer the Innovate (LM1/LC1) widebands. Both are good. If you need any help on that, shoot me a PM and I can help you out.

dbaxter_ss
February 21st, 2006, 01:46 PM
I would trust BlackSS02 ^^^^ He knows his tuning :rockon:

Black02SS
February 21st, 2006, 02:18 PM
I would trust BlackSS02 ^^^^ He knows his tuning :rockon:
Thanks. :redface: Its been a long road.

MN C5
February 21st, 2006, 03:44 PM
Besides ditching the MAF the SLP is a total waste of $$. But you'll figure that out soon enough.

The MAF is only capable of sending a signal to the PCM so how does the SLP signal differ from a factory truck max Hz? If the pcm only understands 0-12000 what good is 13000? I think the software limit for MAF air flow is around 511g/s If your going to keep the MAF just get a junk yard MAF

Danville Performance
February 23rd, 2006, 07:15 AM
Yep, the SLP was a waste of money! Won't even work right. Had to end up putting old one back on and adjusting the trany shift points to keep from maxing the maf until we wideband auto ve tune. Got some numbers from our runs last night with the scan tool logging. We had three guys in the truck and spun the tires through first and at each shift to third and still managed to get 0-60mph in 5 secs and 0-100mph in 14 secs but it took 24 secs to go 0-120 due to the aero drag of a lifted 4x4 truck but still very impressive. Let me know what you guys think. Should get faster with small tires that will hook up and with less weight in the truck and doing the auto ve tuning.