PDA

View Full Version : 4l80e parameters to prevent TCC from disengaging in 4th gear

GMCtrk
August 23rd, 2012, 02:07 PM
I've recently read that HP Tuners added tables that now allow the tuner to prevent the 80e TCC from unlocking when the throttle goes to 0%. I downloaded the latest version of EFI live and quickly looked, but I don't see any new TCC tables. Any chance for EFI live to add this ability?

joecar
August 23rd, 2012, 08:12 PM
Can you pm me a link to that (regarding HPT)...

Shupe
October 27th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Subscribed! Any updates?

GMCtrk
January 29th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Well, long time but here's an update. HPTuners has a new table called "minimum throttle release." Tq converter no longer unlocks at 0% TPS. This would be highly beneficial to have for those of us with EFI live.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41057

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h215/banker099/lockup_zpsdfb81eae.jpg

joecar
January 29th, 2013, 03:58 PM
OK, thanks for posting back.

ScarabEpic22
January 29th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Yes, this would be a HUGE addition for all supported PCMs (even the LS1, Id kill for a P10 update with this in it. Tell me where it is in the code and Ill build a .cax if need be.) and the T42!

Shupe
January 30th, 2013, 03:01 AM
Yes, this would be a HUGE addition for all supported PCMs (even the LS1, Id kill for a P10 update with this in it. Tell me where it is in the code and Ill build a .cax if need be.) and the T42!

I'd be all over helping to test those T42 files!

GMPX
January 30th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Thanks Guys, we can look to add it, but everyone is asking for it over many different PCM's and TCM's, it's going to take time and I'm sorry to say can't be classed as a high priority add.

Lextech
January 30th, 2013, 01:59 PM
I would love to see this added. (LS1b for me)

Jeff

joecar
January 30th, 2013, 04:50 PM
+1 x2 on LS1B.

ScarabEpic22
January 30th, 2013, 05:12 PM
LS1B and T42 would cover most everyone...any thats a ton of OSs I know. :(

Wolfie
February 15th, 2013, 06:55 AM
+1 x 3-1/2 on the LS1B!

Wheelz
February 15th, 2013, 08:35 AM
+1 for ls1b and t42

Hambone
February 21st, 2013, 04:35 AM
Another vote for LS1B !

turbo_bu
February 21st, 2013, 05:02 AM
I'll throw in my 2 cents worth ... LS1B would take care of most of my vehicles I tune.

Hambone
March 19th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Been a few weeks....any updates?

DrX
May 14th, 2013, 12:15 PM
LS1B as well. Seems to be an issue for anyone with an 80E and an aftermarket torque converter.

Rthms20
May 19th, 2013, 01:18 PM
I need this !!

ScarabEpic22
June 13th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Bump...would REALLY like to see this. If it can only be for 1 PCM/TCM, Id say T42 first then T43 (dont know if these do it or not, havent tuned enough of them) then LS1B.

Shupe
June 13th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Bump...would REALLY like to see this. If it can only be for 1 PCM/TCM, Id say T42 first then T43 (dont know if these do it or not, havent tuned enough of them) then LS1B.

Word! I second what Erik said.

Hambone
June 20th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Just wondering..... if someone were to have (gasp) HPT, pulled out the EFI Live tune, modified just this one table and flashed it back, would that do the trick? I know its a sloppy workaround, even more so if you don't know anyone with a vehicle or unlimited license, just wondering if that table would be automatically cleared by any subsequent EFI Live mods.

ScarabEpic22
June 20th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Just wondering..... if someone were to have (gasp) HPT, pulled out the EFI Live tune, modified just this one table and flashed it back, would that do the trick? I know its a sloppy workaround, even more so if you don't know anyone with a vehicle or unlimited license, just wondering if that table would be automatically cleared by any subsequent EFI Live mods.

Yes that would work, but HPT only has it defined for a few OSs at this point so if EFILive defined them for the majority of OSs that'd be fantastic.

BlackGMC
December 2nd, 2013, 05:42 AM
Any word on adding this to the "todo" list?

Taz
December 2nd, 2013, 11:57 AM
Any word on adding this to the "todo" list?

Post your tune ... I can set the TCC to stay locked at 0% TPS on coast down for you.

ferocity02
March 13th, 2014, 06:02 PM
Post your tune ... I can set the TCC to stay locked at 0% TPS on coast down for you.

Can you share with us how you do this? Very interested.

Taz
March 13th, 2014, 08:33 PM
Can you share with us how you do this? Very interested.

Requires a custom *.cax file ....

Taz
March 13th, 2014, 09:18 PM
By way of an update ...

HPT has now added these parameters for most / all Gen III OS. I don't mind patching a Gen III tune for people (from time to time) as these parameters are publicly available.

For Gen IV OS - I had chased down these parameters on my own - no small amount of time involved. I charge a fee to patch Gen IV OS - to help recover my R&D costs.

HPT has just released these parameters for a handful of Gen IV OS - only one of these OS was used in truck applications though.

ferocity02
March 14th, 2014, 03:28 AM
By way of an update ...

HPT has now added these parameters for most / all Gen III OS. I don't mind patching a Gen III tune for people (from time to time) as these parameters are publicly available.

For Gen IV OS - I had chased down these parameters on my own - no small amount of time involved. I charge a fee to patch Gen IV OS - to help recover my R&D costs.

HPT has just released these parameters for a handful of Gen IV OS - only one of these OS was used in truck applications though.

Good to hear. I'm doing an 80E trans and segment swap soon and was hoping to be able to prevent the TCC from unlocking when letting off the throttle, without using the 60E segment and relay mod. I did hear that it can be done in HPT, but was not aware that it was now possible with EFILive.

Taz
March 14th, 2014, 05:17 AM
... I did hear that it can be done in HPT, but was not aware that it was now possible with EFILive ...

That is an oversimplification of what I had posted - and is not accurate.

An "off the shelf" version of HPT has some (many Gen IV are missing) of the 0% TPS TCC lockup parameters. An "off the shelf" version of EFILive has none of these.

Some tuning softwares allow the user to add their own parameters - thankfully, EFILive is one that allows this user specific customization.

I have invested the time and money to add many additional parameters to my version of the EFILive software. I have added parameters (guessing more than 100 by now) to operating systems from 1998 to 2014 - a necessity of operating a successful commercial venture.

ferocity02
March 23rd, 2014, 06:27 PM
Taz,

Here is my 4l80e tune. If you can set it so the TCC stays locked on decel I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for your time!

Taz
March 23rd, 2014, 09:19 PM
Done ... per our previous discussion.

ferocity02
March 24th, 2014, 06:29 AM
Thanks! I'll take a look at it tonight.

chevyspence
May 18th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Hey Taz, it sounds like you have a solution to this issue, which I have been hoping to see for a while. First off big thanks for that! Especially since I am relatively new to this community, I don't want to come around looking for a handout so to speak from others' work. Is this something you have a .cax file for, or would you be able to apply the fix to my genIII tune file? Again, I understand if this isn't something you want to just give away after a lot of your own time, effort, and investment so if you do have any conditions or fee that would be in line feel free to PM me. Thanks!

dr_goodwrench66
April 9th, 2015, 06:03 AM
Has there been an update to this? Does EFI Live support the TCC at 0 TPS? I am currently trying to figure this out with my Tuner...

Highlander
April 19th, 2015, 06:00 AM
depends on which transmissions... these enable the drag control on the trucks... not done so on the cars....

dr_goodwrench66
April 21st, 2015, 12:06 AM
My application is a Sierra 2500 with the L29 454. I read where the member going by "Taz" had a solution to this, but I have been unable to find out how or if I could get him to look into my tune for me...

tdmkr496
June 2nd, 2015, 12:56 PM
Any updates on this? Working on my 4l80E tune now and would like to work on this.

Highlander
June 2nd, 2015, 12:58 PM
its simple.... anyone have paypal????
i can fix all up those tunes.

tdmkr496
June 2nd, 2015, 03:45 PM
How much?

dr_goodwrench66
June 10th, 2015, 03:59 AM
Curious as well what you would charge?

chevyspence
July 17th, 2016, 12:37 PM
Reviving an old thread... but any confirmation the TCC lock on decel for 4l80E's in trucks is working? Still interested in being able to keep mine locked!

tdmkr496
July 17th, 2016, 01:02 PM
Still interested in this as well.

DrX
July 17th, 2016, 01:37 PM
Worked for me

Highlander
July 17th, 2016, 10:09 PM
What os number?

Taz
July 17th, 2016, 11:54 PM
chevyspence and tdmkr496 ... post the tunes that you would like patched, then PM me your email address.

I don't mind patching a Gen 3 OS at no charge from time to time. I charge a fee for the Gen 4 (T42).

chevyspence
July 18th, 2016, 07:54 AM
Hey Taz, that would be awesome! My current tune file is attached. It seems like I don't have the ability to PM on here (maybe my post count is still too low?) but I updated my settings to allow emails from members if you are able to give that a shot. if not let me know and I'll figure something out.
Thanks!!!

joecar
July 18th, 2016, 07:57 AM
( pm count has to reach 10 for pm's )

joecar
July 18th, 2016, 07:59 AM
BTW: it's not a good idea to lock the TCC in 2nd gear like you have at 75+% TP... it will slip.

chevyspence
July 18th, 2016, 09:22 AM
Ah, thanks for the PM info, coincidentally it looks like i just reached it lol.

Thanks for the tip on the 2nd gear slip too. I have a billet converter with HD clutch, but honestly I never have checked for slip at WOT so I should probably do that. That was kind of a remnant from when the 6.0l was in there and I had to occasionally use 2nd to pull the big trailer up mountain passes, and assuming that would keep the trans slightly cooler. But, being that the big block never needs to downshift I could probably just get rid of the lock anyway.

tdmkr496
July 20th, 2016, 12:44 AM
Taz, attached is my current tune, thank you for the help I appreciate it!! I will PM you my email address.

joecar
July 20th, 2016, 05:53 AM
( tdmkr496, btw: your VE tables need more work; you're running CL STFT and OL STFT, be sure to disable both of these when tuning VE. )

Taz
July 20th, 2016, 06:09 AM
patched file...

Too late ... I emailed him the patched tune 5 minutes after he posted his tune this morning.

Highlander
July 20th, 2016, 06:10 AM
Its ok. Didnt realize it was a competition to see who got it first. But good. You have it covered.

Taz
July 20th, 2016, 06:19 AM
It is not a competition. If you read the thread, you will see where I offered to help both fellows at no cost. And I have. That is why they posted their tunes in the first place.

Highlander
July 20th, 2016, 06:20 AM
Then great... i just saw the post and there was no mention that you had already helped. I think that for future reference i should release the cax file and no one needs to ask anyone for help.

Taz
July 20th, 2016, 06:22 AM
People would definitely appreciate that. Too bad they never got added to EFILive. They have been available in other software for years now.

Taz
July 20th, 2016, 08:57 AM
Highlander, that is not the same cax file that you used to patch the tune in your former post #52 (which you have now deleted entirely for some reason).

If you truly want to help the Forum members by sharing a cax file, then share it. Acting like you are making some grandiose gesture, then posting that watered down cax file is simply miserly.

Plus, there are about 25 commonly used operating systems for the Gen 3 from 1999 to 2007. If you were actually going to release cax files to help people, then they need 24 more of these.

I can never post any of mine (sometimes I would truly like to), as depleting held R&D would serve to devalue the future assessed value of my company, and I intend to sell when the time is right, in the not too distant future.

I am not trying to start an argument, but I am really tired of people posturing, then doing very little to actually help others.

Highlander
July 20th, 2016, 09:22 AM
Of course it is not the same... but all the parameters I used to do the patching are there. But let me check the cax file you posted.... oh wait...

There is no need at this day and age to do all the os's anyways... 12212156 serves as one of the best OS's out there for the 0411. Same like the 7603 for P59. Lots of variables available from GM to do the segment swapping from. So the fact there is a 12212156 CAX posted with all the TCC parameters needed is more help than what you have given just patching a file.

Then again.... you help? I asked you ONCE for something and got a "i can't help you" reply... so... you have no place saying that i am not helping. BTW.. i did figure out the flat response knock sensor and how the computer sees them CORRECTLY and BY CYLINDER! Thanks for your help... NOT....

Highlander
July 20th, 2016, 09:26 AM
version 7.9.5 of the cax file was not done by mick.... that was just there as a reference.

Taz
July 21st, 2016, 01:00 AM
Of course it is not the same... but all the parameters I used to do the patching are there. But let me check the cax file you posted.... oh wait...

There is no need at this day and age to do all the os's anyways... 12212156 serves as one of the best OS's out there for the 0411. Same like the 7603 for P59. Lots of variables available from GM to do the segment swapping from. So the fact there is a 12212156 CAX posted with all the TCC parameters needed is more help than what you have given just patching a file.

Then again.... you help? I asked you ONCE for something and got a "i can't help you" reply... so... you have no place saying that i am not helping. BTW.. i did figure out the flat response knock sensor and how the computer sees them CORRECTLY and BY CYLINDER! Thanks for your help... NOT....

Nice adult tantrum – were you stomping your little feet and throwing things while typing your post ?

I doubt that you figured out how to have an LS1-B PCM control LS2 / LS3 knock sensors. You ride on the coattails of others (like Vengeance), for parameter development.

Your response also tells me that you do not have cax files for all operating systems – if you actually knew how to develop these, you would.

If you actually want to help the Forum members please do. If you want to posture like some all knowing Sage, when you are not, then likely someone will call you on this behaviour.

I’m done with this thread (and you). Feel free to demean me at length.

Mean Green Z28
December 6th, 2016, 04:55 PM
Taz ... PM'ing you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Tinbender59
March 1st, 2019, 08:06 PM
So I'm guessing that this will not happen????

Black6spdZ
December 9th, 2020, 07:55 PM
Probably not, efilive stops updating its definitions for PCMs over a few years old.. HP tuners has had this functionality for a decade