PDA

View Full Version : Tuning Big Injectors

WisconsinHick1
August 23rd, 2012, 03:15 PM
Alright I went from 60% injectors to 100% injectors and now it is time to retune. I currently have a fuel knock that I would assume because the timing is to high from the 60% injectors. Does that sound about right I need to pull timing back to help it go off sooner with the bigger injectors. Nothing else changed on the truck.

anarchydiesel
August 24th, 2012, 01:45 PM
You will need to reduce timing and pulsewidth by a lot with 60% injectors.

LB72004
August 25th, 2012, 06:40 PM
yes, the larger the injector the more the timing will need to be pulled back. who does your tuning? you can have him update your tune with the now larger injectors. if you do it yourself then you could start by subtracting about 40%. not sure on that number though

WisconsinHick1
August 26th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Zach was doing my tuning. I have started to make some tunes and also went to Zach's class in IA and want to start making my own adjustments and learn more.

anarchydiesel
August 26th, 2012, 06:05 AM
A flow rate sheet for your injectors would be very helpful to you in making sense out of how much more your injectors flow than your old injectors under different circumstances. the % is typically under high pressure and duration situations.

WisconsinHick1
September 6th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Zach helped me figure it out. It was pilot injection that was causing the knocking sound. I am slowly working on bringing it down to eliminate it completely if possible. I am not really sure if I should come down any more or if I should keep going until it is completely gone.