PDA

View Full Version : 200-4r / 700r4 Converter lockup question

LS-SWAPPER
August 24th, 2012, 01:51 PM
First off I need to make everyone aware I am an extreme noob (I'm sure that's obvious), so be gentle with me. Also, I searched for a couple days but have not been able to find a direct answer to this question.

I'm working on a 2001 5.3L that is being swapped into an older vehicle which already has a 200-4r transmission in it. I would like to use the 5.3 pcm to control the TCC lock up function on the trans instead of the aftermarket vacuum actuated switch (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TCI-376600/?rtype=10). How do I go about doing this in the tune software? Also, I'm unclear on which wire would actually perform this function from the pcm. Is it RED #2 "TCC Control Solenoid" or RED #42 "TCC Enable Circuit"? I have worked on a few LS swaps, but all the others have either been used with manual trans or non-lock up autos. I appreciate any help I can get on this.

LS-SWAPPER
September 3rd, 2012, 02:00 PM
Anyone???

FirstGenThree
March 17th, 2013, 07:53 AM
I have similar project and intended on using the pcm to control lockup so I could have it in 2nd/3rd not just 4th gear. Right now I have a manual switch for 2nd/3rd and 4th is hot all the time. I drive around town in manual 3rd because 4th locked results in very low rpm/chugging. However 2600 stall is a bit wasteful on fuel (not horrible by any means). I will let you know if I successfully achieve this, though I have doubts because the pcm has no way of knowing what gear the trans is in. I've considered programming for lockup over a certain speed and using one of the vacuum switches inline to force unlock under load, but maybe the pcm can already do this based on map readings? I don't recall which tables are adjustable for lockup off the top of my head. Hope you have not given up on this, best of luck.

LS-SWAPPER
March 17th, 2013, 10:03 AM
...but maybe the pcm can already do this based on map readings?

The MAP info is what made me think of this in the first place. Surely there is a way to turn that data into a line out signal through one of the wires. I have not given up on this by the way, glad you came along to breath some life in it. Let me know what you discover.