PDA

View Full Version : Flash kills ECM

ferdkilla
August 25th, 2012, 09:07 AM
So I pulled the stock tune off a customers 2004 2500hd 6.0 truck. Sent it to a reputable tuner to be modified. Got it back and flashed the truck. Everything went smooth as butter flash completed and gave me the countdown screen so I continued the process. Then I turn the key back on to start it. The switch is dead and the fuel pump relay is going nuts. So I buy a reman ECM swap it in do a VATS relearn and it fires right up ( of course with the improper OS on the ECM but hey at least it would start). Ok so I buy another vin for the new ECM and pull every fuse I can think of that could interrupt the flash and proceed to flash again. Guess what. Same result. So I try again with another new ECM and VIN and it does it again! Any ideas?

joecar
August 25th, 2012, 11:09 AM
Hi ferdkilla,

Can you flash the original tune file back into the first ECM and into the second ECM...?

What ECM/PCM is this (is it gasoline or diesel, is it an ECM or a PCM)...?

-Joe

GMPX
August 25th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Can you post the tune up? We can make sure something isn't corrupted in it.
Being a 2004 I'm guessing this is a 1Mb LS1 PCM?

ferdkilla
August 25th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Hi ferdkilla,

Can you flash the original tune file back into the first ECM and into the second ECM...?

What ECM/PCM is this (is it gasoline or diesel, is it an ECM or a PCM)...?

-Joe

It is a gasoline LS1B ECM. Cannot reflash the stock file. Tried on 3 ECM's now

ferdkilla
August 25th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Can you post the tune up? We can make sure something isn't corrupted in it.
Being a 2004 I'm guessing this is a 1Mb LS1 PCM?

I will email it to you if you will PM me your email address. I don't really want to throw the tuners tunes around publically without his consent. Get what I mean?

ferdkilla
August 26th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Bump

GMPX
August 26th, 2012, 10:44 AM
20 hrs ago it was Sunday here, sorry.
Just Email it to support@efilive.com

Three PCM's dead, there is going to be an issue with the tune, not the reflash process.

ScarabEpic22
August 26th, 2012, 03:35 PM
ETC tables causing an issue perhaps? Have they been modified at all?

GMPX
August 26th, 2012, 04:16 PM
If there is an issue with the ETC tables the PCM will still be responsive, the engine might even run, there will just be a dead pedal. Unfortunately on the LS1 PCM when there is an ETC issue the ECM locks itself down so it cannot be reflashed, but it's certainly capable of communicating to the outside world.

ferdkilla
August 28th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Found the issue DTC codes P1125 and P0606 had been turned to not reported for some
Reason.

GMPX
August 28th, 2012, 02:06 PM
I never saw the file, did you send it in?

ferdkilla
August 29th, 2012, 01:24 AM
I never saw the file, did you send it in?

Shoot me a pm so I can email it to you

ferdkilla
August 29th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Ross email me I talked to Jess at wait4me who is my tuner. Sam@southernstyledp.com

joecar
August 29th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Shoot me a pm so I can email it to you

Ross email me I talked to Jess at wait4me who is my tuner. Sam@southernstyledp.com

This is Ross's email:

20 hrs ago it was Sunday here, sorry.
Just Email it to support@efilive.com

Three PCM's dead, there is going to be an issue with the tune, not the reflash process.