PDA

View Full Version : Any harm having the wrong gear ratio

dbaxter_ss
February 21st, 2006, 12:23 PM
Well after attempting to get a nice new set of motive 3.73 gears put into my SS assuming all along that it have 3.42's which is what the build sheet says, and the list from SLP shows I come to find out today after 2 days of drama from the tranny shop putting in my new clutch and 3.73, along with much appreciated help from ThunderRacing ( Paul and Shawn(or Sean)) we find out that from somewhere in my babies build process, or at the dealers that a set of 3.73s were put in and not documented.
So I went back and checked the LS1edit stock tune and EFILive Stock tune and it says 3.42.

What is the affect other then the speedometer being off? Any damage by the computer saying one thing and the hardware being different for 5 years?

Not complaining I had 3.73s all along, just wanting to know if that could have aided in damage to the transmission ( had to be rebuilt and new input shaft bought ) Checking on LS1tech tranny section if anyone knows too.

Black02SS
February 21st, 2006, 12:56 PM
Other then the spedo being off, you will be fine. If you were an auto it would jack up the shift points, but you are a M6 so it will just make it off about 7mph.