PDA

View Full Version : 2009 g8 gxp adaptive reset problems

97power
August 26th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Hello everyone. Dont really post much, but hoping I can get some help. When I connect scan tool then start vehicle then select t43 module, go then to select fast reset, adapts reset, adapts preset and then fast learn, lastly put in gear. Nothing happens at all. Do I apply resets then in order then activate before or after. Ive tried all different orders and nothing. Maybe a step Im not doing right. Thanks

Dieselman
August 26th, 2012, 08:49 PM
Check this out mate. A lot of good info in there

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?18108-ADAPTS-procedure

Hope it helps :)

Rhino79
August 27th, 2012, 03:31 AM
Do the first 3 don't do the fast learn, common to have no gears even when following the guideline perfect.

97power
August 27th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Thanks again. Also when applying these resets, am I to see some kind of sign on scan tool that its reseting or of completion.

scottcmb
August 27th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Thanks again. Also when applying these resets, am I to see some kind of sign on scan tool that its reseting or of completion.

No there is no indicator that shows it complete, dont forget to make sure you click on the green dot next to the red dot up in the top left corner to connect the system, then when you have selected your controller and you are on the DVT page dont forget to click on activate before doing your resets etc :)

Scotty :)

GMPX
August 27th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Unfortunately the DVT responses from the ECM/TCM typically only indicate a fault, not if the process worked.

97power
September 5th, 2012, 12:02 PM
All answers were informative guys and thanks again.