PDA

View Full Version : Had to use hpt as efi couldn't read

auspeed
August 26th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Ok had a ls1 come in for a mafless tune... Could not read with efilive .... Ended up reading it with hpt and found the tune to be stock.... Ended up tuning/ getting credits with hpt with an ok result.

Is the there anyway I can make this PCM able to be read and tuned with efilive if I have it licensed and tuned with my hp tuners dongle????

Wondering what the process is....

joecar
August 27th, 2012, 02:13 AM
Yes, you should be able to read/write it with EFILive, as long as it's not locked and and it's not an HPT custom OS.

GMPX
August 27th, 2012, 09:36 AM
If it is indeed a stock GM OS then there should have been no reason EFILive couldn't read it too.

auspeed
August 27th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Thats what I thought, im running the latest updates & firmware with bootblock.... efilive thought that it was locked... And hpt read it out no problem...

If the pcm had a custom HPT OS previously and then returned to stock before the car came to me? would this make a difference??

The car now has a enhanced tune HPT (mafless) applied which i had to license.

joecar
August 27th, 2012, 12:43 PM
If PCM had a HPT custom OS, and was then returned to stock OS, then you would be able to read/write with EFILive.

auspeed
August 27th, 2012, 05:58 PM
If PCM had a HPY custom OS, and was then returned to stock OS, then you would be able to read/write with EFILive.

Ok so now begin to wonder if the tune in the car was standard.... Is there a sheet anywhere that lists released GM operating systems for GEN3's?

GMPX
August 27th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Do you recall what it was?
For the Aussie LS1's, most of the GM OS's start with 122xxxxx, a custom OS might be 012xxxxx

BLK02WS6
August 27th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Had this exact same problem - once a COS is applied in HPT, it does not easily go back to the stock tune... I'm not sure how they apply thier COS's, but that seems to be the key. I can't tell for sure what this customer did, but every tune he had showed the COS applied - maybe he overwrote his stock tune?? I ended up tuning it with his HPT cable for the mean time, but he is going to have to get a stock tune and pay the credits to put it back to a stock tune so I can do an EFILive COS on it...

And for the record - I hate HPTuners more than ever!!!

auspeed
August 30th, 2012, 08:03 PM
ok here is tune that the car had in it.......

OS 12225074 and says speed density enhanced applied.....

BLK02WS6
August 30th, 2012, 10:16 PM
"speed density enhanced applied" is thier COS...

GMPX
August 30th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Ended up reading it with hpt and found the tune to be stock.... Ended up tuning/ getting credits with hpt with an ok result.

ok here is tune that the car had in it.......OS 12225074 and says speed density enhanced applied.....
As posted above, not a stock GM OS at all, it's a HPT Custom OS, that is why EFILive wouldn't work with it.

Cheers,
Ross

auspeed
August 31st, 2012, 11:05 PM
As posted above, not a stock GM OS at all, it's a HPT Custom OS, that is why EFILive wouldn't work with it.

Cheers,
Ross

Ok is there any way to flash them back to factory OS.
Tech2?

tokymon
September 1st, 2012, 02:54 AM
ya tech2 or take to stealership for reflash

kangsta
September 1st, 2012, 11:11 AM
Ok is there any way to flash them back to factory OS.
Tech2?

The only way is to have it unlocked or flash a stock file in with HPT. Their custom os are considered 'locked' to other software including dealer Tech2 because they use a different seed/key algo. If you're in Aus there are a few people who can do it for you