PDA

View Full Version : Help with twins tuning

johnj
August 27th, 2012, 06:10 AM
13822I bought a truck cheap with blown headgaskets and decided to stud it and do twins. While i had it apart i put new injectors in it due to the original owner never replacing them so i figured it was time. The injectors are 60% overs from bosch motorsports. The thing im having trouble with is keeping the boost down and timing rattle i have got the low end smoke issue pretty well cleaned up so thats a plus. The dsp was already in the truck and i will not mention the company name of whos it is. I have made changes to this dsp myself to help with my issues can somebody please give me a little insite as to what else i need to do here. Thanks and any help will be greatly appreciated

LB72004
August 29th, 2012, 04:00 PM
you'll need to lower timing with the larger injectors. larger injectors have the side effect of artificially increasing timing. this is because, for the same amount of MM3 the duration will be shorter, thus more fuel injected earlier.

are you running the stock turbo or after market? check out table {B2214}. try lowering the values where you want to limit boost