PDA

View Full Version : 02' 5.3l tune questions, visible exhaust, low inconsistent idle

ippielb
August 29th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Tuned my truck, basic tune, VE tutorial, basic spark advance, transmission tuned. Just did the knock sensors and front o2 sensors. But the truck still has visible exhaust like condensation in the exhaust it is not coolant. And the idle is very inconsistent. It goes up and down, and along with that the AC clutch kicks on and off all the time even with the air conditioning off inside the truck.

I have no cats and have turned off cat protection and disabled the MIL.

I was wondering what one can do to help with the inconsistent idle and the visible exhaust.

On a side note the truck feels gutless. When I am driving 2nd gear at around 1200rpm and give it some throttle, you can hear the throttle body open but it accelerates like crap. The truck is maintained immaculately, no exhaust leaks, good fuel filter, new sensors, good fuel. I can't figure it out.

And last, I have two LC-1 I want to hook up into the long tube headers. But keep the narrowbands as well.

joecar
August 29th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Look at:
- B3608, B3609: set these to zeros.
- B3616: set this same as 2001/2002 Camaro (65% below 3600, 35% above 3600).

If you have FlashScan V2 you can connect your two LC-1's using serial comms in daisy chain manner:

first LC-1:
SERIAL IN <- terminator plug
SERIAL OUT -> SERIAL IN of second LC-1

second LC-1:
SERIAL IN <- SERIAL OUT of first LC-1
SERIAL OUT -> null modem adapter/cable -> V2

note: specifically, a null modem serial adapter or cable is required.

You can drill/weld new bungs in your long tube headers and run the WBO2's in parallel with the NBO2's...

or you can use the LC-1's narrow band output to drive the NB signal to the PCM, i.e. the WBO2 installs in place of the NBO2.

When you have your widebands installed, you can easily get the Calc.VET tutorial accomplished.

ippielb
August 31st, 2012, 05:22 PM
I will check those out when i get time. And for the cable from the LC-1 to the V2, does one need those TAQ cables? I will be drilling new holes to put the LC-1's in as well. I want to run both, but i was also wanting to run a AFR gauge. how can i work it so that i can do both?

joecar
September 1st, 2012, 12:47 PM
The TAQuickness cable is a one-piece null modem cable, this is easier to push thru a hole in the firewall/floorboard...

some people use the null modem adapter to join the LC-1 cable to the V2 cable, but the adapter has to specifically say "null modem" on it or it won't work.

joecar
September 1st, 2012, 12:48 PM
Does the AFR gauge run from the analog voltage from the LC-1 (the yellow wire)...?

ippielb
September 1st, 2012, 04:53 PM
I will most likely purchase the TAQ cable then for ease and reliability. And i have yet to purchase an AFR, i am thinking about what one i should buy.