PDA

View Full Version : PID's selected but wont show in data tab - HELP!!

Protec
August 29th, 2012, 11:43 PM
All,

I'm trying to log pids GM.ETCTP1 & 2 along with some other throttle pids to watch voltage and percentages.

The pids all select but will not show in the Data tab even when connected the to E38 ecm.

The only thing I notice is that in the units column it does not have a value associated with it (it should be %).. All other pids seem to select and show in data just fine.

I've updated the software to the latest version and the firmware is also updated.

I am able to view the GM.ETCTP1 & 2 in the BBx and it shows the data being collected, but when I load that scan file into the Scan V7.5 it will not show those pids or values in the data tab????

What am I doing incorrectly?

Any help would be appreciated.

John-

joecar
August 30th, 2012, 05:31 AM
Hi John, can you post some screenshots of the PIDs and Data tabs...

Protec
August 30th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Here are the pid and data tabs from a scan I did with the BBx

Protec
August 30th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Here is a quick test scan I did.

I was able to see the TPS 1 & 2 % logging on the V2, but when I load the scan file into Scan 7.5 on the laptop the values are not present as representative in the above screen shots.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

Best,

John

Protec
August 30th, 2012, 05:58 AM
joecar,

What I did was to load the bbx with the pids from V8 (I don't know of another way to do that). I can view the data logging on the BBx...

When I try to load that file from the SD card onto the laptop it shows I have the pids selected, but no data is shown for those 2 pids.

I did validate the pids today with Scan 7.5 connected to the E38 but the Data tab still does not show them..

Blacky
August 30th, 2012, 09:34 AM
joecar,

What I did was to load the bbx with the pids from V8 (I don't know of another way to do that). I can view the data logging on the BBx...

When I try to load that file from the SD card onto the laptop it shows I have the pids selected, but no data is shown for those 2 pids.

I did validate the pids today with Scan 7.5 connected to the E38 but the Data tab still does not show them..

Its a problem with the V7 PID definition. When a PID is defined with no units it doesn't show up. I'll get it fixed asap.
Send me an email to paul@efilive.com and I'll send you back an updated file so you can view those PIDs.

Regards
Paul

Blacky
August 30th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Actually, you can fix it yourself by editing the file:
\Program Files\EFILive\V7.5\Configuration\sae_generic.txt and making the following change:

From this:

#Units Low High Fmt Op Factor Offset
#------------ ------------- ------------- ---- - ------------- -------------
*UNM-08-1
. 0.0 0.0 0.0 * 0.0 0.0

To this:

#Units Low High Fmt Op Factor Offset
#------------ ------------- ------------- ---- - ------------- -------------
*UNM-08-1
. 0.0 0.0 .0 * 0.0 0.0
% 0.0 100.0 .1 / 2.55 0.0

Regards