PDA

View Full Version : inconsistent timing problems durring 1/4 mile runs.

TransAm-Z
September 1st, 2012, 12:24 AM
Does anyone know a good way to make timing consistent for WOT runs. I attached a log and current tune file...

My biggest issue currently is the timing drops 3 degrees in 3rd gear vs. 2nd gear at the same boost level. (19 deg in 2nd & 16 deg in 3rd At 204 kPa)

Can anyone explain to me what is causing this timing drop? As far as I know all of my torque management tables are zeroed out, & there is no knock retard in 3rd gear.

Ay help would be great.

Thanks,
Jeff

BLK02WS6
September 1st, 2012, 03:11 AM
How do you know it is 204kpa, you are not logging Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure - SAE.MAP You have to log that for a Custom OS to read kpa...

But, the answer to your question is IAT - you go from 158F in 2nd to 189F in 3rd...

TransAm-Z
September 1st, 2012, 05:14 AM
How do you know it is 204kpa, you are not logging Intake Manifold Absolute Pressure - SAE.MAP You have to log that for a Custom OS to read kpa...

But, the answer to your question is IAT - you go from 158F in 2nd to 189F in 3rd...

I see... Thank you very much I forgot about that table!

For some reason my SAE.MAP pid only logs up to 105 kPa, so I had to write a custom pid to calculate the the MAP pressure from GM.MAP (Voltage). I guess that makes it pretty hard for others to look at my log files...

joecar
September 17th, 2012, 11:52 AM
If you're logging for tuning purpose, then limit the pid channel count to no more than 24 (see bottom of PIDs and Data tabs in scantool) for fastest sample rate.

joecar
September 17th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Other comments:
- DYNAIR is pegging at 512 g/s (i.e. you have reach an internal limit),
- injector duty cycle is maxing out,
- 30° of ignition advance is too much advance,
- log SAE.MAP rather than GM.MAP (as BLK02WS6 said),
- be careful, the 1.00 EQR cells in B3647 will trim with STFT,
- HO/LO/Base spark tables have way too much advance [even for NA case] (note that when under boost pressure the air/fuel charge lights quicker),
- WOT downshift speeds are above the corresponding WOT upshift speeds (missed shifts),
- PT upshift/downshift curves are not very streetable,
- TCC is being applied in 2nd gear above 80% TP [kills single disc TCC] (not using the torque multiplying advantage of the stall).