PDA

View Full Version : how long should it take

ace68
February 22nd, 2006, 03:17 AM
to properly tune a cammed car using autotune and the idel transition, also how many miles should you be driving 50, 100, 150?

BowlingSS
February 24th, 2006, 12:20 PM
I have been tuning mine for months...:exactly:

Bill

ace68
February 24th, 2006, 03:59 PM
HAHAHA yea I know what you mean.

Blacky
February 24th, 2006, 04:11 PM
to properly tune a cammed car using autotune and the idel transition, also how many miles should you be driving 50, 100, 150?
I watched Ross (aka GMPX) tune my GTS using AutoVE tuning on a load cell dyno (at www.torqueperformance.co.nz (http://www.torqueperformance.co.nz)) in about 45 minutes. The fuel is now very close to perfect. Solved surging and rich idle. The idle quality will take another few days to sort out due to needing to go through a few cold starts.

Regards
Paul

wait4me
February 24th, 2006, 04:38 PM
lol, am i supposed to ask what your Signature means Paul?

Tordne
February 24th, 2006, 04:53 PM
I watched Ross (aka GMPX) tune my GTS using AutoVE tuning on a load cell dyno (at www.torqueperformance.co.nz (http://www.torqueperformance.co.nz)) in about 45 minutes. The fuel is now very close to perfect. Solved surging and rich idle. The idle quality will take another few days to sort out due to needing to go through a few cold starts.

Regards
Paul

So I'm not needed for idle tuning anymore :bawl:. How much longer is Ross over in N?z for (assuming he hasn't gone back already)?

Blacky
February 24th, 2006, 06:26 PM
So I'm not needed for idle tuning anymore :bawl:. How much longer is Ross over in N?z for (assuming he hasn't gone back already)?
All your advice has been perfect so far. I'm not doing the idle for a while yet but I will need your help when I do it.
Paul

Blacky
February 24th, 2006, 06:27 PM
lol, am i supposed to ask what your Signature means Paul?
You can ask but I'll never tell - Donna talked didn't she?

Tordne
February 24th, 2006, 06:31 PM
You can ask but I'll never tell - Donna talked didn't she?

Gotta confess I was interested in the meaning of the sig as well, now even more so :nixweiss:

And also Ross's new sig "The outside air temp is so cold in NZ, I have log files to prove it.". The temp here isn't to much lower than his home town of Melbourne (I've just been there for two weeks) ;)

GMPX
February 24th, 2006, 07:04 PM
It's my little secret until I can come up with some other witty sig.

Heading back to Aus on Wed morning as the birds wake up.

Cheers,
Ross

Tordne
February 24th, 2006, 07:24 PM
It's my little secret until I can come up with some other witty sig.

Heading back to Aus on Wed morning as the birds wake up.

Cheers,
Ross

Well have a safe trip back mate. Next time I'm over there (or you are in Auckland) I'd like to catch up with you if you have time.