PDA

View Full Version : can you flash with v2 stand alone (no lap top ?)

restless@westnet.com.au
September 4th, 2012, 09:23 PM
i have been trying to flash an e38 with my v2 (as per auto cal) i have the tune in v2 but when i go to flash cal it just says (read ) and nothing else ?
i hit OK nothing ,hit OK again a couple of times then it says flashing ecu then says no file and something about file must be converted to ctz files
so i downloaded the latest software and i see it has a converter so i tried to convert the files in both the 5.7 file , and v8 file , plus the files all ready in the v2 and it says there no files in there yet i can hit 5.7 tune tool and loads up with my tune no worries
i know i'm just doing something wrong so need a steer in the wright direction
if i go to full flash on the v2 it has the tunes all # but theres no files in them
thanks

joecar
September 5th, 2012, 02:05 AM
Yes you can...

you have to install V7 build 211 and V8 build 203, and flash your V2 with firmware 2.07.35;

and then you have to program the BBx config using the V7 Scan&Tune software.

joecar
September 5th, 2012, 02:23 AM
In the V8 S&T software, goto BBx then goto Tune, and configure the ECM you want to read/flash.

Then in V7 tunetool, open you .tun file and save it as .ctz.

Then in V8 EFILive Explorer, goto the Tune tab, copy the .ctz file from your PC (upper pane) to your V2 (lower pane),

restless@westnet.com.au
September 5th, 2012, 11:35 AM
In the V8 S&T software, goto BBx then goto Tune, and configure the ECM you want to read/flash.

Then in V7 tunetool, open you .tun file and save it as .ctz.

Then in V8 EFILive Explorer, goto the Tune tab, copy the .ctz file from your PC (upper pane) to your V2 (lower pane),

hi JOE
thanks for the reply
i have down loaded v7 211 and v8 build 203 and flashed v2 firm ware with 2.07.35

i m still haveing trouble
you say use the v7 scan/ tune software to config the bbx ( did you mean efilive scan and tune ) and go to bbx /tune and select the e38 and program the v2
i have done that
im lost from there there,

when i go in to the converter (F8 tools )and i look under v7 tunes after i have clicked on convert to ctz it says it couldent find any files to convert
same with the convert attched device (but it does have my tune file on it ( shows in the bottom pain in explorer )

when i go in to v7.5 tune tool ,and bring up my tune file ,if i try to save it as a ctz file third icon from the left at the top of the page i go to save as type and select ctz it says it all ready exsist do you want to replace hit yes
BUT I CANT find it any where in v7.5 or v8 how do tell if its a ctd or a ctz as it doesent seam to say beside the file in tune list
very frustrated
thanks

joecar
September 5th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Use the V8 S&T software to config the BBx...

these are old but they may help, look at the pics:

showthread.php?14351-BBL-PIDs-V2 (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?14351-BBL-PIDs-V2&p=128782&viewfull=1#post128782)
showthread.php?13841-What-is-BBL (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?13841-What-is-BBL)
showthread.php?13836-New-V2-help-find-exlporer (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?13836-New-V2-help-find-exlporer&p=123595&viewfull=1#post123595)
showthread.php?15492-V2-BBL-saving-log-data (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?15492-V2-BBL-saving-log-data&p=136965#post136965)

Do that first, then read the next post.

joecar
September 5th, 2012, 01:32 PM
With the V7 tunetool, open your .tun file and save it as .ctz (File->Save Tune File As, then in the dialog box look at Save File Type As and select .ctz)...

in the Save As dialog box observe the location where you're saving, and if necessary navigate to some place that you can get to from V8 EE;

then using V8 EE copy the .ctz from your PC to your V2.

joecar
September 5th, 2012, 01:33 PM
In the scantool, go Edit->Properties->Folders and look at what directory pathname it says for Bins.

restless@westnet.com.au
September 6th, 2012, 12:04 AM
i think my problem might be way i cant save a tune file some times
it says when I'm in 5.7 tune tool when I'm viewing the tune parameters , i get the message unregistered ver ?? and some times its doesent come up
i did try re reg but it wont let me put the date in the format it says in the instruction sheet

i have got the tune files in to ctz format now and they are in v2 , ( i see they have a slightly different symbol ,bit hard to to pick on a small screen though ) but it still shows nothing in F2 program cal just the error code $0502 script file not found
and the same with f2
in f3 switchable tunes it has # 1 to 5 but it hasent come up with what i named them in the v8 S/T
and now for some resion i seam to have no pids in bbx ? just shows alot of boxes with unused written beside them way is that i still have them all on my other laptop
ill try reloading it all and see if they reaper
thanks

joecar
September 6th, 2012, 01:37 AM
You have to enter the registration information...

what format is the date on the blue card, and what format does Help->Register EFILive want...?

post a screenshot of what happens when you try to enter the date on Help->Register EFILive.

joecar
September 6th, 2012, 01:39 AM
In V8 S&T did you go into BBx and on the Tune subtab did you create/edit a line that mentions your PCM/ECM...?

And then did you do Save (save as Options.txt) and do Program All (accesses via the small downarrow next to the Program button)...?

joecar
September 6th, 2012, 01:40 AM
Switchable Tunes is for GM diesels.

joecar
September 6th, 2012, 01:41 AM
The BBx pid lists and controller lists are stored in a file called Options.txt, make sure that you saved to this file...

i.e. if there is another file in that same folder, then it is probably what you saved to.

restless@westnet.com.au
September 6th, 2012, 11:21 AM
In V8 S&T did you go into BBx and on the Tune subtab did you create/edit a line that mentions your PCM/ECM...?

And then did you do Save (save as Options.txt) and do Program All (accesses via the small downarrow next to the Program button)...?

hi joe

yes i have done all the above with program all required infomation slower 2nd one down on the drop down box (and the file does load to v2 as it takes a while to do with all lights flashing

still doesent display any thing in (F2 program the cal ,or full flash )
are SWITCHABLE TUNES usable yet as that says not supported by this moduels calaberation on any of the # 1 to 5

restless@westnet.com.au
September 6th, 2012, 11:49 AM
The BBx pid lists and controller lists are stored in a file called Options.txt, make sure that you saved to this file...

i.e. if there is another file in that same folder, then it is probably what you saved to.

i did and

there is only the OPTIONS FILE in save as on that page dated 7/9 /2012
thanks for the info the switchable tunes

restless@westnet.com.au
September 6th, 2012, 12:06 PM
the date formate on reg Efilive window is
01-JAN -2000
blue card i dont have ?

the email i got with the instructions on says
YYYYMMDD
thanks

joecar
September 6th, 2012, 12:39 PM
hi joe

yes i have done all the above with program all required infomation slower 2nd one down on the drop down box (and the file does load to v2 as it takes a while to do with all lights flashing

still doesent display any thing in (F2 program the cal ,or full flash )
are SWITCHABLE TUNES usable yet as that says not supported by this moduels calaberation on any of the # 1 to 5

Ok, now do this:
- connect V2 to PC,
- start V8 EFILive Explorer (EE),
- goto Data Files tab,
- click Format Data and let it finish,
- click Home,
- in lower pane you should see a folder called Tune, go into it,
- in upper pane browse to the folder where your .ctz files are,
- drag the .ctz files from the upper pane (PC) and drop them in the lower pane (V2), let it finish,
- exit EE.

Now on your V2 see if the .ctz files appear.

Note: the .ctz filenames have to be less than 16 character (if I remember correctly).

joecar
September 6th, 2012, 12:43 PM
the date formate on reg Efilive window is
01-JAN -2000
blue card i dont have ?

the email i got with the instructions on says
YYYYMMDD
thanksDid you enter the date as 19-AUG-2008...?

If that does not work then I pm'd Tech Support.

Tordne
September 6th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Shoot me (support@efilive.com) and email with your device Serial Number and Auth Code (as per THIS (http://support.efilive.com/kb_article.php?ref=2143-YUOG-8049) guide) and I'll verify the details for you.

GMPX
September 6th, 2012, 10:32 PM
are SWITCHABLE TUNES usable yet as that says not supported by this moduels calaberation on any of the # 1 to 5As Joe mentioned in a previous post, switchable tuning (live switching) is only something for the Duramax Diesel.

restless@westnet.com.au
September 6th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Ok, now do this:
- connect V2 to PC,
- start V8 EFILive Explorer (EE),
- goto Data Files tab,
- click Format Data and let it finish,
- click Home,
- in lower pane you should see a folder called Tune, go into it,
- in upper pane browse to the folder where your .ctz files are,
- drag the .ctz files from the upper pane (PC) and drop them in the lower pane (V2), let it finish,
- exit EE.

Now on your V2 see if the .ctz files appear.

Note: the .ctz filenames have to be less than 16 character (if I remember correctly).

hi Joe this is getting crazy
i did the format on internal memory from the instructions in the pop up window when you go to format in EE , and the 2GB SD card as well ,then dragged the ctz tune file down in EE from the top pane to bottom pane
file loaded ,
exit EE
went in to tune / flash call /OK and the tune was there BUT the name was to long so deleted from the bottom pane as you would a bbx log file ,
renamed it in the top pane and dragged to bottom pain file loaded , name was OK ,went to flash call and it just said (read ) hit OK nothing ,OK again says NO SCRIPT FILE
so i formatted all internal and SD card and auto ? twice and now it just say (read) no script file ???????
thanks

is the tune file saved in the internal memory or the on the SD card ? i though the SD card was just for logging ?

joecar
September 7th, 2012, 06:25 AM
logs and tunes are saved on the file system specified in the V2 options (internal or SD)...

I would set the file system to SD (internal does may not have enough space).

SD card is for tunes also.

restless@westnet.com.au
September 7th, 2012, 08:18 AM
yes that is what i had it set on

restless@westnet.com.au
September 7th, 2012, 09:51 AM
hi Joe
had another try this morning now it wont alow the the file to load to the v2 from EE top pain says error file invalid folder does theis on all ctz files that were loading lastnight ??
and when you conect the v2 to the PC it says OPTIONS TEXT not found never seen that before

can you tell me what the setings I should have in setup menue for the v2 ? the ones im ok with ill put ok beside them
the ones im unsure off ill but a ? beside
if you can put the preferd seting beside them in red thanks

i have
file sys SD card OK
file 1
locale non-usa ?
units metric
MRU YES ?

SCAN RATE FAST OK
ADFILTER 4
A/D PIDS NO ?
SER PIDS YES OK
PIDS/LCD 4 OK
NOTE 30 NO ?

SD CRC YES ?
FAST CAN YES
SKIP VFY YES ?
VFY BBR NO ?
BBX STATS NO ?
BBX SPACE NO ?
LED MODE STATUS ?
COM PORT WIDE -02
WO2 TYPE TEDGE2.0 OK
WO2 BANK 1 OK
WO2 DATER AFR OK
WO2- ID 0 OK

WO2-ID 0
STOICH 14.70 ? should this be on 14.69 ?
LO POWER DISABLE ?
SPLASH 1000MS ?
ALERT 2500MS ?
ERROR 2500MS ?
AR DELAY 300MS ?
AR SPEED 40MS ?

IVERSE OFF ?

CONTRAST 100 OK
BUT IT NO LONGER WORKS DOESENT CHANGE THE CONTRAST OF THE SCREEN NO MATER WHAT SETING SETING ITS ON AT ABOUT 40 ALL THE TIME BY THE LOOKS OF IT

thanks bob

joecar
September 7th, 2012, 11:46 AM
The settings look ok...

( you can set SD CRC to no )

( contrast is always only 100%, does not have ability to go less )

joecar
September 7th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Look at the attached screenshot...

in EE, on the Data Files tab, create the same folder structure (rightclick->New Folder)

joecar
September 7th, 2012, 12:01 PM
i.e. the V2 folder structure should look like this:

EFILive
-- Scan
-- Tune
-- Read

restless@westnet.com.au
September 7th, 2012, 04:02 PM
i.e. the V2 folder structure should look like this:

EFILive
-- Scan
-- Tune
-- Read

yes it looks the same as above all ways has
v2 wont log now just says options text not found
i will reload every thing from my laptop to v2

restless@westnet.com.au
September 7th, 2012, 07:41 PM
OK this is what i found to day

my friend came over and brought his v2 about (8 months old ) he has all the latest software and vers , boots etc up dated to day

his wont except the ctz files in to HIS v2 either ,and all his files are in ctz format ???
so i flashed the car with the tunes i wonted using pass through and read them back out with just my v2 and they show up no worries in call flash section, only thing is they are just named e38 ecm 0002 and e38ecm 0004
but at least they are in there
got me beat
cheers

joecar
September 8th, 2012, 06:10 AM
If V2 can't find Options.txt then this means you need to do this:

from V8 S&T, goto BBx, and do Program All.

joecar
September 8th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Post your Options.txt here.

restless@westnet.com.au
September 8th, 2012, 10:27 AM
If V2 can't find Options.txt then this means you need to do this:

from V8 S&T, goto BBx, and do Program All.

thanks for that JOE i have done that

the v2 works fine logs, flashes , reads ,
except it still wont except ctz tunes files droped in from the top pain in EE
and neather will my friends v2

restless@westnet.com.au
September 8th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Post your Options.txt here.

i would IF i new how to put it there LOL
thanks
i tried copy and past would work ?

joecar
September 8th, 2012, 03:44 PM
thanks for that JOE i have done that

the v2 works fine logs, flashes , reads ,
except it still wont except ctz tunes files droped in from the top pain in EE
and neather will my friends v2Do you drag/drop the ctz files into the Tune folder in the lower pane...?

You cab also do rightclick->copy in the upper pane and rightclick->paste in the lower pane.

Show me screenshots...

joecar
September 8th, 2012, 03:46 PM
i would IF i new how to put it there LOL
thanks
i tried copy and past would work ?Open the file using Notepad, do rightclick->Select All (so all the text highlights), rightclick->Copy, then come here and paste it.

restless@westnet.com.au
September 8th, 2012, 04:01 PM
hi Joe
i have it sorted out hopefully ,
seams that it was a combination of the file name being converted in the wrong place and to long a file name as i was useing v7 tune tool to save as ctz
when i went through EE to tune/ edit / tune tool /save as a shorter name /ctz file/ it drags and drops in EE and loads and shows up on v2 call flash menu no problem
it seams that even some of the files already in ctz format need to be re saved to work but ill see how i go when i get used it a bit more

i would like to thank you for all the time you have spent helping me with this
cheers bob

joecar
September 8th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Hi Bob,

Yes, the filename has to be short (upto 16 characters, includeing the .ctz).

Yes, older .ctz files need to be resaved from the tunetool (actually, it is preferable to resave them from .tun files).