PDA

View Full Version : Code p1222

97singlecab
September 6th, 2012, 04:38 AM
I have a truck i'm tuning an 07 5.9 dodge. Truck has a manual trans, industrial injectors and pump with twins. The truck runs great and has no driveability issues. But after a hard pull the air heater light kicks on solid and throws a code for p1222. I've tried looking the code up but can't find that it exists in mitchell repair. Do I just need to turn the code to not report in the tune or is there something else i'm missing here. Thanks in advance for any help you guys have.

kaiserbailey
September 6th, 2012, 06:53 AM
Injector Control Circuit Intermittent

anarchydiesel
September 6th, 2012, 10:31 AM
try switching to another os that does not have that code in it. It has to do with the enhanced injector monitoring that some of the 07 5.9s had. If your injectors are the least little bit off the truck will throw that code.

Stealthdiesel
September 6th, 2012, 10:44 AM
That's the 1st time I've heard of this issue coming up on an EFI Live tuned truck.

The P1222 code & the WTS light turning on plus the 10 beeps is a new "feature" in the Chrysler stock Cummins ECM firmware for the 04.5+ 5.9L Cummins.

There has been many reports of this from folks getting the latest reflash from their dealer or from using a Smarty programmer.
The Smarty firmware foolishly included this enhancement earlier this year.

I attached the Chrysler TSB which has all the details on P1222, P1223..

easymon
September 7th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Just went through this p1222 on my truck has to do with fuel rationality engine demand fuel retun flow being to high so either injector tube lose or bad or injector returnig to much fuel

rock crawler
September 8th, 2012, 04:36 AM
My first post here. Hello everyone, I look forward to being part of the elite EFI club soon :rockon:. Looks like I will be taking my truck in soon to get some warranty work done (mirror and power seat motors/gears) and I'm thinking about having the ECM flashed. I have been seriously considering getting EFI Live and I've heard that the "stock" tune on the Smarty is not really a completely original stock tune and that it is recommended to have the ECM flashed to get a clean slate to start with. If I have this done will it be flashed with the newest software that is causing the WTS light issue? I am currently using a Smarty POD. Also looking at getting the TIPM (think that's right) flashed due to a strange sporadic non-starting issue.

anarchydiesel
September 8th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Not necessarily, it really depends on what file they flash into it. Even if it does have the enhanced monitoring whoever you get to the tune the truck can start with a known clean file that does not have the monitoring. The clean flash really helps get the TIPM and ABS modules back to stock after the smarty has flashed them.

rock crawler
September 8th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Not necessarily, it really depends on what file they flash into it. Even if it does have the enhanced monitoring whoever you get to the tune the truck can start with a known clean file that does not have the monitoring. The clean flash really helps get the TIPM and ABS modules back to stock after the smarty has flashed them.

According to the Chrysler bulletin, it says that they are required to use the most up to date software flash. So, I guess my best bet is to NOT do the dealer flash?

anarchydiesel
September 9th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Some trucks a dealer flash is the only way to get them completely right, so you really might not have an option. First though a known clean stock file can be used to see if it can cure any problems with the truck. Send me your stock file and I will get you a clean one to use without the P1222 code and see if that works for you. anarchydiesel@gmail.com

rock crawler
September 10th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Do you want the "stock" Smarty file?

anarchydiesel
September 10th, 2012, 02:54 AM
Send me whatever file you originally pulled out of the truck, if it has checksum errors that is fine. Also, tell me what cab configuration the truck is (regular,quad, mega) so that I can match it up with a clean file that will work.

anarchydiesel
September 19th, 2012, 08:53 AM
We are working on locating you a file. I did not have one, but les thinks he does.

rock crawler
September 19th, 2012, 02:19 PM
We are working on locating you a file. I did not have one, but les thinks he does.

No rush. I still have to come up with the money for the tuner and I'm having starting issues that may require me to have my TIPM flashed. Batteries are fine and charging is good but the truck will not start sometimes. I can hear what sounds like a starter relay clicking but it will not start. Sometimes if I hold the key in the start position long enough it will click several times and will start. I've read that flashing the TIPM might fix this. I hate to do this because I don't want the WTS light bug, but I have to be able to start my truck.