PDA

View Full Version : FNG from alaska, 2009 6.0 vortex questions

aubleak
September 6th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Hey guys, new here. Also on duramaxforum and duramax diesels. Had efi on my truck for a long time, just started looking into doing it myself recently. I have a question on my grandfathers truck tho. He has a 2009 gmc Sierra 2500hd, with the 6.0L vortex and six speed trans. He's been complaining about his tire pressure sensors going of all the time. He wanted me to see if I could adjust these warnings that come on his IC much too often, or just delete the entire tire monitoring system all together with my efi live V2.

Thanks for the help in advance,
Michael

joecar
September 6th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Hi Michael, welcome :cheers:

EFILive can't program the tire pressure monitoring system

(it may be able to read DTC codes from it).

aubleak
September 6th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Hi Michael, welcome :cheers:

EFILive can't program the tire pressure monitoring system

(it may be able to read DTC codes from it).

Thanks joe. Any idea if a genysis scanner can do it, or does it have to be a tech 2?

slows10
September 6th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Not sure if the genysis can do it, but the snapon solus can do it. It can reset the tpm as well as program new sensors to the existing system. There are probably a few more that can do it. Do you own the genysis? You can probably go online and look at what that tool can do.

joecar
September 6th, 2012, 12:49 PM
You might be able to do it with Genisys, I saw mention of TPM ability on the OTC site.

aubleak
September 6th, 2012, 12:54 PM
I have a mechanic friend that has access to one. I'll look online and see if I can't find anything out.

aubleak
September 6th, 2012, 01:22 PM
What kind of performance tuning is available via efi?