PDA

View Full Version : High idle???

Dougal
September 6th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Hey all just wondering if you guys and gals that are running EFI Live are still able to use your high idle function? Mine worked for about a week then stopped? I took it into the dealer to see if it was turned off because of the reflash and they said nope. There computer said it's still programmed. Glad the dealer still works with me and my deleted truck and warranty. Do you guys and gals have any idea's why it isn't working even though it's still activated? With winter coming around the corner fast I could sure use this function again as it sure helps to warm her up, up here in Canada.

Thanks for you help all

Cheers Dougal.

Motorzane
September 6th, 2012, 02:15 PM
Check and see if you have a brake switch problem or the Emergancy brake circuit issue. Does you brake light come on when you push on the Emergancy brake

Dougal
September 9th, 2012, 04:15 AM
I went out and checked my E-brake and the light comes on and I even put in my stock tune like a couple of guys on cummins forum said and no joy? Don't know what else to try?

Dougal
September 9th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Thanks for?????

Motorzane
September 9th, 2012, 08:16 AM
Does the cruise control work at all? If the high idle is turned on, then something is not happy to let it work properly. Any aftermarket remote start or radio/tv?

Dougal
September 10th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Yep the cruise works fine. No remote start or radio/tv. This is just my luck.

easymon
September 12th, 2012, 12:42 PM
If i were you i would let dealer reflash ecm and the tipm and reset high idle .