PDA

View Full Version : Which transmission tune to start with?

jpndave
September 7th, 2012, 08:14 AM
I tried a variation of this question on the Gen 4 portion of the forum and didn't get the information I needed so I thought I'd reword things a bit and try here.

I have an installation of a '07 Cadillac escalade E38 VVT L92 engine that has had a cam (Competition Cams grind 267PHR14 with phaser limiter and springs installed), minor head port and polish cleanup (including multi angle high end valve job) & ceramic coated heads, compression bump (1/2 point to match LS3 level), electric water pump, Camaro oil pan and LS3 intake installed. The engine is running based on the stock tune with VATS and Emissions removed by the "other" tuner. So far it seems OK, slightly noticeable idle due to the cam, seems to run smoothly but have not driven it.

Transmission is an unmatched VIN (should have been matched but long story why that didn't work out). It is an '07 truck based T43 6L80E with GM updates and Raybestos Red clutches installed, stock rebuilt converter. Trans was fine on rebuild but was updated and upgraded (clutches) as it was opened up for an R&D project for the company I work for. My transmission ended up used in another vehicle due to some tuning issues (not my doing) with the transmission I have now so a "clean" stock flashed in starting point, self-clean and fast learn would be desirable on the transmission.

These are installed in a 2007 Jeep Wrangler JK unlimited. I have a FlashScan V2 and a pair of wideband O2 sensors for tuning.

Ok, so my questions.

1 - What will be the best starting point for tuning the transmission? Should I flash an Escalade tune in and modify from there or is there one of the Corvette tunes that would be a better starting point? What year and tune would you all advise as a "base" to start from? Ultimately I would like to have tap shifting as an option.

2 - Do any of the Corvette tunes allow tap shifting without a body module?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Dave

Rhino79
September 7th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Dont use a vette tune, start with the esky tune.