PDA

View Full Version : Efi Live Freezing??

jayshaw638
February 22nd, 2006, 09:18 AM
Everytime i go to extrat my stock config. the program seems to freeze?? I have tried to switch usb ports and rebooting nothing seems to work. Has anyone esle had this prob? Sometimes it will extract 5k some times 200k but never even gets close to the full file....HELP!

Blacky
February 22nd, 2006, 09:39 AM
Can you find the matching *.blx file in the folder:
\My Documents\EFILive\V7\Bug reports

The blx files are labelled as upload (reading the PCM) or download (reflashing the PCM) and have the date and time encoded into the filename like this:

YYYYMMDD_HHMMSS_upload.blx

Can you find the *_upload.blx file that matches one of your upload attempts and send it to me at paul@efilive.com.

Regards
Paul

jayshaw638
February 22nd, 2006, 09:55 AM
I had this same post on a different msg board and someone told me that it was probably my aftermarket radio and to pull the fuse...they were absolutely correct! I never read that this would be a problem but it was an easy fix! Thanks, Aaron

Wasted Income
February 22nd, 2006, 10:05 AM
I had this same post on a different msg board and someone told me that it was probably my aftermarket radio and to pull the fuse...they were absolutely correct! I never read that this would be a problem but it was an easy fix! Thanks, Aaron

You're welcome.

Live and learn...:wave:

I wired a switch into mine now and ran it inside the cab, so I don't even have to pop the hood to flash mine anymore.

GMPX
February 22nd, 2006, 10:57 AM
It's almost getting to the stage where we need to gather a collection of aftermarket radio brands and put them on a list of units that don't play ball. GM dealers must go crazy with this.

Cheers,
Ross

jayshaw638
February 23rd, 2006, 03:35 AM
My radio is a Pioneer Navi unit, now that i think about it the last time i had the truck in the shop they replaced the TCM and the mechanic was complaining about the radio...o well not my headache anymore!!