PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain why the '01 and '02 ls1s are better?

The_Alchemist
February 23rd, 2006, 10:27 AM
I was discussing the differences etc of efi live with another member and he mentioned that EFI live will allow me to switch my operating system over to the '01/'02 model years (I'm a 2000) which he said was easier/better to tune.

Can someone please elaborate for me the differences, advantages and reasoning behind this. My tuning knowledge is limited to a brief view of ls1 edit 2-3 years ago, so I'm not exactly up to speed on the evolution of tuning ls1s.

Thanks a bunch and I look forward to ordering my EFI live flashscan as soon as it's available to us common folk.

Chris81
February 23rd, 2006, 04:28 PM
Alot of people (including me) ungrade the OS to a 01+ system for ease of tuning.. there is no secondary VE table to mess with for one..Also, there are many options in the custom OS' but they are only avalible for 01+ systems.

For example: Boost VE table, IAT VE multiplier, ability to run dual spark (high and low octane tables) in SD mode, Valet mode, controlling any given AFR in table 3647... the list goes on.

You would need the commerical version of Flashscan to use these things though.

88s10
March 2nd, 2006, 10:22 AM
i want to make sure i understand this. If i want to change to a new operating system. I need to change the ecm and wiring harness. by the way i hav a 98 ecm.

TAQuickness
March 2nd, 2006, 10:36 AM
for the '98's you will have to upgrade your pcm to a 99-02. It's a bit more involved than just swaping pcm's though.

88s10
March 2nd, 2006, 10:43 AM
can you elaborate on that?