PDA

View Full Version : hill starts with the Cruze....

The Alchemist
September 17th, 2012, 08:35 PM
hey people, has anyone figured out how to make these hold on a hill in Drive and NOT roll backwards????? without using the handbrake....like other "normal" autos do.....

Mike

GMPX
September 18th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Mike, as I explained in my Email to you, the transmission releases 1st gear (I guess to save fuel by reducing engine load), yes it's annoying but we haven't looked in to the cause.

The Alchemist
September 26th, 2012, 05:37 PM
well after using up the 91 octane that was in the thing I threw a tank of 98 in it and did some airflow (boost) tweaks 2psi extra and tweaked the torque response table and sorted the trans tune (thanks Ross) this car turned into a Cruze missle !!!!!! You would not believe it only had a 1.4L engine in it!!!!! WOW was the response when I handed it back to its owner.
Getting the trans to shift half decent was the whole key to making it feel like a completely different car.

GMPX
September 26th, 2012, 08:30 PM
I agree Mike, the torque they make 'everywhere' makes it hard to believe it's such a tiny engine. I wish I could spend more time on the road with our Cruze getting the trans spot on, it's still not 100% to my liking. However, the car is at least now fun to drive.

ScarabEpic22
September 27th, 2012, 06:53 PM
Trans tuning is a slippery slope from my (minimal) experience, it took me ~3 years to dial in my 02 TrailBlazer and I thought I was done with my 08 TBSS a while ago...until this week when it acted up a few times. Back to the drawing board!

Boost
September 28th, 2012, 12:57 PM
LOL awesome thread!!! :)

nevinsb
September 28th, 2012, 09:07 PM
I'm still thinking about getting one, but I will probably get the manual. It's good to know it's got so much potential. Kind of disappointed it weighs so much for a compact car.

GMPX
September 28th, 2012, 10:33 PM
I haven't driven the manual, but the Auto is nice, I really like it. Try both before you buy, just keep in mind you can fix the slushy shifts the factory trans cal has.

Boost
September 30th, 2012, 10:35 PM
Yes the auto has it's benefits as well, and there is also the Sonic which weights 500 lbs less.