PDA

View Full Version : Do we have a copy and paste feature

Dirk Diggler
February 15th, 2005, 09:49 AM
or do we have to enter the data calculated by the map into the ve table, ltft histogram, etc by hand....

Steve Bryant
February 15th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Dirk,
The typical copy and paste functionality (including special copy and special paste) that you would expect in Excel or another spreadsheet application is built right into EFILive V7. In addition, things like smoothing and blending which better integrate the cell values (make for smoother transitions from one cell to the next) are built into V7 as are increment/decrement by a number or percentage or dirctly entering a specific number for one or many cells. There's not much that you can't do with ease with this software.

Regards,

Steve

Dirk Diggler
February 15th, 2005, 11:10 AM
I guess my question is can we make a LTFT histogram and copy special the histogram and have it apply the +/-%'s logged to the ve table to increase or decrease the base value accordingly

Steve Bryant
February 15th, 2005, 11:45 AM
Dirk,
I think that the answer to that question is a conditional no. Now, later tonight if I don't get too diverted I'll try to upload a zipped .xls file that I call the VE Table Doctor. What is does is this. You log the actual WBAFR values into a MAP (which is the same pivot table functionally as what you are referring to as a histogram) and then transfer them into a portion of the spreadsheet along with the commanded AFR in another area. Then the spread sheet uses the actual AFR as the numerator and the Commanded AFR as the denominator to come up with a multiplier for the main (or back-up) VE table values which have been pasted into the spread sheet into another area. The result is a cell grid which you can then paste back into the appropriate VE table.

Now, I know that you said that you were monitoring LTFT Values. I think that LTFT is probably too coarse to really try to alter the VE Table cells. Now, maybe STFT could be used to try and adjust VE Table Cells however, it would just take a bit longer and not be quite as accurate.

All my best,

Steve

Dirk Diggler
February 15th, 2005, 12:02 PM
Dirk,
I think that the answer to that question is a conditional no. Now, later tonight if I don't get too diverted I'll try to upload a zipped .xls file that I call the VE Table Doctor. What is does is this. You log the actual WBAFR values into a MAP (which is the same pivot table functionally as what you are referring to as a histogram) and then transfer them into a portion of the spreadsheet along with the commanded AFR in another area. Then the spread sheet uses the actual AFR as the numerator and the Commanded AFR as the denominator to come up with a multiplier for the main (or back-up) VE table values which have been pasted into the spread sheet into another area. The result is a cell grid which you can then paste back into the appropriate VE table.

Now, I know that you said that you were monitoring LTFT Values. I think that LTFT is probably too coarse to really try to alter the VE Table cells. Now, maybe STFT could be used to try and adjust VE Table Cells however, it would just take a bit longer and not be quite as accurate.

All my best,

Steve

Cool. I allready have an xls spreadsheet to do this but i was being lazy and trying to move away from using it all together. I used the Trims as an example as I own a WB an do all my tuning with it. Thanks again for the answer.

<--------------------- Runs a mafless tune which was first tuned with using LTFT information until I got my WB and saw the light ;)

Tordne
February 15th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Hi Steve,

If you are still able to post the spreadsheet I (and likely others) would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks and regards,
Andrew.

Steve Bryant
February 15th, 2005, 06:19 PM
OK, here goes. I am not liable for the information in the spread sheet. Use at your own risk. I hope that it is helpful.

Steve

Tordne
February 15th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Thanks for that Steve... Now all I need is the WB02 sensor (next on the shopping list).

GMPX
February 16th, 2005, 12:14 AM
Thanks for that Steve... Now all I need is the WB02 sensor (next on the shopping list).

The PLX unit is pretty popular amongst some EFILive users.
Seems Aussie customs are pretty good too, all those I know who have ordered them have paid no duties or GST, not so sure you would be as lucky in NZ.

Cheers,
Ross

Mark Barber
February 16th, 2005, 05:30 AM

Seems Aussie customs are pretty good too, all those I know who have ordered them have paid no duties or GST, not so sure you would be as lucky in NZ.

Cheers,
Ross

Well I must be the unluckiest guy in Australia because customs slugged me $103.25 when my PLX M300 arrived a couple of weeks ago. No wonder the government has such big budget surpluses. :x

Mark Barber

GMPX
February 20th, 2005, 06:49 PM

Cheers,
Ross

Well I must be the unluckiest guy in Australia because customs slugged me $103.25 when my PLX M300 arrived a couple of weeks ago. No wonder the government has such big budget surpluses. :x

Mark Barber

Perhaps somebody in customs reads this board :wink:
Probably means they are on the 'to stop' list now.
Oh well, you know your taxes are well spent. :roll:

Cheers,
Ross