PDA

View Full Version : 4l60e ---> 4l80e What changes ?

Tydriver
February 25th, 2006, 08:47 PM
After reading the Transmission Tuning thread I got thinking, I am going to put a 4l80e in my Typhoon instead of the 4l60e and I have a couple of questions for you guys:

1. What is needed ECM/Tune/Calibration wise vs the 4l60e ? Can I just load in a 6.0L/4l80e (Silverado 2500)calibration ? Are the tables the same for the 80e as the 60e ?

2. (this question is a little less related to tuning), Does anyone have a successful build sheet/list for the internal build parts for a 4L80e? Sure theres all sorts of stuff posted on the 'net for the 700r4/4L60e's, but IMO, the 80e hasnt really been realized as a performance transmission and its potential hasnt been maximized yet. As a result, there isnt a whole lot of stuff posted saying what to use. I am planning on a Heads/Cam LS1 with a couple of turbos. I am hoping for a conservative 500+ hp on pump gas and know that the AWD will bring a 4l60e to its knees.

Thanks in advance for anything you can offer, I want to start ordering tranny parts ASAP so I can get this thing on the road.

Todd :thankyou2:

PSWired
March 2nd, 2006, 01:40 PM
I put a 4L80e/LQ9 in my 95 Chevy truck. I flashed my PCM with a 2002 LQ4/4L80e tune, then modified all the engine calibration tables to suit the LQ9. The OS for the 80 is different than for the 60- the shifting hardware and sensors are different.

I rebuilt the transmission myself also. I used a level ten rebuild kit that came with high performance frictions, new bushings, seals, etc. The kit cost $500, which is what I paid for the trans actually. There is some info on my rebuild on www.pswired.com (http://www.pswired.com), click on 95 Silverado.

If you have specific questions I can help, best way to reach me is via email- pswired(at)pswired(dot)com