PDA

View Full Version : Definition file needed 95 Grand Am 3.1 v6 Sfi Vin=M

Uart
September 22nd, 2012, 07:55 AM
I'm assuming that a definition file would need to be created for this. My question is, what file would I edit?
Better yet, if you have the definitions please pass on a copy. Thanks!

Uart
September 22nd, 2012, 04:31 PM
Can I edit any .xml file or does it need to be more specific? It doesn't look like there are many files out there for the 3.1 engine. Some of the files that come with the v4 program communicate with the ecm, but I don't think the data coming back is any good. Seems like it shouldn't be too hard to create a definition file from the .ds file data, but I just want to be sure I edit the right file. Any help and advice would be appreciated as I'm a newb at this. Are all .xml files basically the same for editing or do they differ greatly? Thanks!

Uart
September 23rd, 2012, 05:24 AM
Ok, I think I found what to do in this thread : http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?11620-1986-Transam-EFILiveV4-connection& in post #4. I'm gonna try that and see what happens. Thanks!

Uart
September 23rd, 2012, 06:29 AM
Is there a step by step tutorial for creating definitions anywhere?

Blacky
September 24th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Look in the V4 documentation under the following headings:
Vehicle Definitions (and all its sub headings)
Modules
Requests
Requests->Attributes

Its not 100% step by step, but it explains the data items that you should enter.

Regards
Paul

Uart
September 24th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Look in the V4 documentation under the following headings:
Vehicle Definitions (and all its sub headings)
Modules
Requests
Requests->Attributes

Its not 100% step by step, but it explains the data items that you should enter.

Regards
Paul

Ok, Thanks Paul! I'll try that out.