PDA

View Full Version : EFILive IL6 (6 cylinder) Tuning

Blacky
February 28th, 2006, 10:48 AM
Over the past 6 months when we said we were busy we meant really busy.

We have implemented and delpoyed Duramax LB7 and LLY diesel tuning, Allison transmission editing and bidirectional controls, updated LS1/LS6 scanning and tuning features. Plus we've integrating the Moates RoadRunner realtime tuner, and been working hard to complete our new FlashScan V2.0 interface and LS2/LS7 tuning.

In out spare time, we have also been working on some other secret projects...

EFILive will soon be releasing PCM Tuning for the inline 6 LL8 engine. See screen shot below for a sneak preview of what is in store for the 6 cylinder guys.

More news to come, stay tuned... (hint: hmm, hmm, hmm)

Regards
Paul

P.S. this thread is to discuss the upcoming EFILive IL6 product. If you want more info on any of the other projects mentioned in this posst please ask in a new/different thread.

TAQuickness
February 28th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Very cool! When do you guys sleep?

Blacky
February 28th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Very cool! When do you guys sleep?

Sleep? You know we've both had the sleep center of our brains removed, no time for that type of lay about slacking off.

Actually last night I got 3 hours, Ross was awake all night - I found him working on the IL6 code at 5:30am. He's safely on the plane flying back to Melbourne right now.

Paul

Tordne
February 28th, 2006, 11:06 AM
What is LL8 used in, not Commodores/Holdens by chance?

Blacky
February 28th, 2006, 11:24 AM
No, the Commodores are a Bosch controlled V6.
More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Atlas_engine
Paul

TAQuickness
February 28th, 2006, 11:29 AM
sleep deprivation is a wonderful thing ;)

What happened to the IAT?

bink
February 28th, 2006, 11:37 AM

Sleep deprivation causes memory loss - interrupts short to longterm conversion (there are specific terms for this type of integration...but I forget!!). Not a good thing.

joecar
February 28th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Do you know what PCM the GM "LA1" 3.4L V6 engine uses and if this is able to be programmed using this...?

The_Alchemist
February 28th, 2006, 12:09 PM
This is great... are there going to be any restrictions to model years or vehicle? Specifically, my wife has a 2005 Saab 9-7x with the 4.2L and I'm not really up to speed on the drivetrains changes over the years or from model to model.

Need a Saab beta tester...lol

Now I'm ready to get my Flashscan V2 for the Trans Am and the Saab.

Tordne
February 28th, 2006, 12:17 PM

Check Ross's current sig "P0113 is overrated anyway." :) My guess is that the IAT failed and caused all sorts of mayhem :bawl:

Black02SS
February 28th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Awsome guys!!

joecar
February 28th, 2006, 12:27 PM

Check Ross's current sig "P0113 is overrated anyway." :) My guess is that the IAT failed and caused all sorts of mayhem :bawl:
We're now all wondering what happened...? :notacrook:

Dirk Diggler
February 28th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Great stuff. Good things comming down the pipe!!!!

MN C5
February 28th, 2006, 12:47 PM
This is very good news... :thankyou2:

:notacrook:

John Skiba
February 28th, 2006, 01:27 PM
YESSSS :master:

The wifes 02 Envoy will be that much quicker!!! I'm ready, you know my email. ;)

Now if I can only convince Ross to take a look at the Nstars... :cheers:

Blacky
February 28th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Ok, promise not to tell?

I have been trying to tune the drivability/idle on my GTS for about 2 months now - on and off when I get a spare minute or two. There are not many spare minutes left in my day.
So, I do the BEN AutoVE tuning over and over again and always with different results, it never comes out right. I think to myself I am such a crappy tuner - but hope its not me and that the LC1 or the narrow bands have failed (but both the wide and narrow bands agreed with each other that my tuning was crap).

Anyway we took the car over to www.torqueperformance.co.nz (http://www.torqueperformance.co.nz) to get the top end power fixed up again because I'd completey messed up the VE tbale and spark and other things that I should not be allowed to play with.

The first logged run, its just awful. Looking at the logs I finally see the problem. IAT sensor unplugged. I'd been tuning the thing at -39 deg C for the past 2 months.
:bash:

The LS1's out here run virtually no diagnostic codes, so I didn't get a MIL.
So I'm now the butt of temperature jokes. I think I'll stick to programming.

Paul

Blacky
February 28th, 2006, 02:39 PM

He starts twitching when he hears the word Northstar:nixweiss:
Paul

TAQuickness
February 28th, 2006, 03:02 PM
The "I've got logs to prove it" makes a lot more sense now...

Sleep deprivation causes memory loss - interrupts short to longterm conversion (there are specific terms for this type of integration...but I forget!!). Not a good thing.

:D Some people pay good money for that....

GMPX
March 1st, 2006, 08:31 PM

John, I gave you the wrong answer to your PM regarding this, what I meant to say about the Siemens northstar ECM was 'Ich verstehe nicht diese deutsche Scheiße'

Beifall,
Ross

GMPX
March 1st, 2006, 08:33 PM
Great stuff. Good things comming down the pipe!!!!

Oooh year, the IL6 PCM is so similar to a few other 'cylinder challenged' engines in GM's range, who knows what might follow :hihi:

Cheers,
Ross

Trippin
March 1st, 2006, 08:51 PM
John, I gave you the wrong answer to your PM regarding this, what I meant to say about the Siemens northstar ECM was 'Ich verstehe nicht diese deutsche Scheiße'

Beifall,
Ross

Nicht, die deutsche Scheiße verstehend, ist keine Entschuldigung. Sie sprachen Allison vor einem Monat nicht.

Ich habe Glauben an Ihre geistigen Anlagen. :D

MN C5
March 1st, 2006, 08:53 PM
Any plans for custom operating systems for this pcm? Just wondering

Thanks

Dennis

GMPX
March 1st, 2006, 09:49 PM
No custom O.S's, there will be a few more pricing options for workshops when the V2 hardware is released, when it is, then you will see why the 5 & 6 cyl PCM's won't get custom O.S, but it's all for the better at the consumer end :) , wait and see.

Cheers,
Ross

GMPX
March 1st, 2006, 09:59 PM
Do you know what PCM the GM "LA1" 3.4L V6 engine uses and if this is able to be programmed using this...?

Yes, it's still a Delphi PCM, yes I have a few, but at this stage we have no intention of doing them.

Cheers,
Ross

Blacky
March 1st, 2006, 10:32 PM
about the Siemens northstar ECM was 'Ich verstehe nicht diese deutsche Scheiße'

Uh, don't Siemens (oops I mean Infineon) make the CPU for some other hardware that is dear to our hearts?
Oh, that's right neither of us understand that either, do we? :)

Paul

Blacky
March 1st, 2006, 10:33 PM
Anyone got a forklift, I need a jump start.

Oh stop it you're killing me...
Paul

Blk02Ls1A4
March 2nd, 2006, 01:14 AM
So if it will support the LL8, will it also work with the L52? My Colorado would love a little tuning!

GMPX
March 2nd, 2006, 01:24 AM
Whilst the LL8 is a different PCM to that used on the L52/LK5 what we have seen so far on the L52/LK5 is very promising, so I guess, yes would be the answer. We actually have some mapping done on them already.

Cheers,
Ross

GMPX
March 2nd, 2006, 01:46 AM
Uh, don't Siemens (oops I mean Infineon) make the CPU for some other hardware that is dear to our hearts?
Oh, that's right neither of us understand that either, do we? :)

Paul

Yeah, and the Northstar PCM has two of them!!, but you will soon be an expert right?......your mission should you choose to accept it :Eyecrazy:

Cheers,
Ross

MN C5
March 2nd, 2006, 02:29 AM
I tried posting some information over on Trailvoy.com regarding the upcoming I6 tuning and my thread was deleted. I've been visiting over there for some time but never posted. I guess they took my post as spam. If anyone frequents the site I know those guys would be very interested in Flashscan.

GMPX
March 2nd, 2006, 02:59 AM
Strange, I just looked over there (never heard of it before) and there is mentions of Westers, Hypertech etc, on many threads yet none appear to be sponsors. They also talk about some guy called Wait4me, who's that ;)

Cheers,
Ross

dieknow
March 2nd, 2006, 05:42 AM
I posted about it on there yesterday and mine post got deleted also.

Must be the same moderators that LS1tech has!:muahaha:

I tried posting some information over on Trailvoy.com regarding the upcoming I6 tuning and my thread was deleted. I've been visiting over there for some time but never posted. I guess they took my post as spam. If anyone frequents the site I know those guys would be very interested in Flashscan.

joecar
March 2nd, 2006, 08:08 AM
LOL.... this thread is good... :muahaha:

dfe1
March 2nd, 2006, 09:02 AM
Ross & Paul - You guys are killing me. I now have to buy a bigger garage so I can buy a GM I6 vehicle so I can tune it with my free software update. :rockon: No need, just drive over to Atlanta and you can tune mine-- no charge-- and no garage expense either. I'd be willing to bet you won't get that kind of offer on any of the other forums. Just more evidence (as if any were needed) that EFILive is the best.

GMPX
March 2nd, 2006, 09:41 AM
for our german speaking challenged friends, I took the liberty of free web translations from previous post.

Close, but you need to chose a better translation site, it done did get it all wrong about.
http://babel.altavista.com/tr

Cheers,
Ross

joecar
March 2nd, 2006, 10:08 AM
http://babel.altavista.com/tr
"G'day" is universal.
:cheers:

TAQuickness
March 2nd, 2006, 10:11 AM
classic...

Ich habe Glauben an Ihre geistigen Anlagen

I have faith in your mental plants

Although I prefer this translation

I have believe in your intellectual units

GMPX
March 2nd, 2006, 12:30 PM
Easy does it fellas :wave: , back on topic. Sorry for the deletions, but we can't air too much dirty laundry in public. We will have some new found IL4,5,6 friends calling by.......

Cheers,
Ross

MN C5
March 2nd, 2006, 03:41 PM

The Administrators on Trailvoy.com got back to me. Very professional group of guys. They don't have any issues with posting info about Flashscan. They do have concerns about guys like me using their first post to pimp a product.

When the update comes out I'm going right to the dyno. Now if I could get Wait4you to quit hoaring out his tunes a 75 bucks I could recover my investment:doh: :jump: in my software sooner...:notacrook:

John Skiba
March 2nd, 2006, 05:56 PM

Beifall,
Ross

JA po prostu poznawać żeby dlaczego *Ross* próbuje mówić dla mnie po Niemcu.

John Skiba
March 2nd, 2006, 05:57 PM
Whenever you guys are ready, the I6 is waiting... :beer:

GMPX
March 2nd, 2006, 08:37 PM

:nixweiss: :help2:, I can't find a polski translator

TAQuickness
March 2nd, 2006, 11:39 PM
:nixweiss: :help2:, I can't find a polski translator

http://www.poltran.com/

joecar
March 3rd, 2006, 03:17 AM
http://www.poltran.com/
"G'day" comes out the same, no matter what language... :notacrook:

bink
March 3rd, 2006, 08:42 AM

Jeez, I don't keep up for a couple days and...............................you guys are speaking foreign stuff!!!
Pole, Romanian???????

I can't Google it :(

.................................................. .................................................. ..................................................

Gotta love Google :D :

Nicht, die deutsche Scheiße verstehend, ist keine Entschuldigung. Sie sprachen Allison vor einem Monat nicht.

Ich habe Glauben an Ihre geistigen Anlagen

Google -> Not, understanding the German shit, is no apology. They did not speak Allison one month ago. I have faith in your mental plants

:cheers:
joel

bink
March 3rd, 2006, 08:52 AM
Duh, I didn't read the 5th page.
So Skiba is Polish. Congrats John - Poles are a Great and Gutsy people. Big thumbs up!

Cheers,
joel

LSRacing
March 3rd, 2006, 01:27 PM
Looks like im upgrading to the new V2 interface. Thanks for including the I6 in the tuning world. My truck will thank you.

LSRacing
March 4th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Is V2 required to tune the I6 family of engines or will the original flashscan cable handle it?

GMPX
March 4th, 2006, 09:53 PM
A final decision has not been made.....we will discuss it further this week.

Cheers,
Ross

The_Alchemist
March 5th, 2006, 01:10 PM
So will it be able to tune any I6 or will I be up a creek with owning a Saab 9-7x? I just want to make sure that GM didn't do something crazy or different to the Saab.

I'm stoked about tuning the Trans Am and the Saab. I'm sure I could get a little better gas mileage out of both of them as well as some more power out of both of them.

It will be ineteresting learning how to tune, especially an automatic transmision.

MN C5
March 5th, 2006, 02:00 PM
A final decision has not been made.....we will discuss it further this week.

Cheers,
Ross

Crap don't make us wait for V2:notacrook:

LSRacing
March 11th, 2006, 08:28 AM
What is the final verdict on the I6 tuning? Will it require V2 or will it be available here really soon using the flashscan interface?:cheers: cheers,

Jamy

GMPX
March 12th, 2006, 04:05 PM
No final verdict yet.......anyday though.

Cheers,
Ross

Black02SS
March 13th, 2006, 09:38 AM
So will it be able to tune any I6 or will I be up a creek with owning a Saab 9-7x? I just want to make sure that GM didn't do something crazy or different to the Saab.

I'm stoked about tuning the Trans Am and the Saab. I'm sure I could get a little better gas mileage out of both of them as well as some more power out of both of them.

It will be ineteresting learning how to tune, especially an automatic transmision.
Ross, will his Saab be covered?

GMPX
March 13th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Lift the hood and see if the SAAB has a PCM that looks like the one in the picture.....

Cheers,
Ross

The_Alchemist
March 13th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Yuppers... looks exactly like that.

GMPX
March 13th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Sounds promising then.
If you want, go to - http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web
Type in your VIN and get the Operating System part number used in your SAAB, I'll let you know if it is one we have already looked at.

Cheers,
Ross

The_Alchemist
March 13th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Sounds promising then.
If you want, go to - http://tis2web.service.gm.com/tis2web
Type in your VIN and get the Operating System part number used in your SAAB, I'll let you know if it is one we have already looked at.

Cheers,
Ross

When I put in our VIN and the PCM/ECM, it gives me two different codes. The first one is:

12584138: Operating system.

And this one

12595726: New software to reduce the potential for setting DTCs P0606 and P0741.

So I'm not sure which one we have in the Saab. I'm not even sure what those two trouble codes are.

GMPX
March 14th, 2006, 12:43 AM
12595726 is on the supported list.
Also, the decision has been made, the LL8 will be supported on the V1 hardware...

Cheers,
Ross

Black02SS
March 14th, 2006, 01:07 AM
12595726 is on the supported list.
Also, the decision has been made, the LL8 will be supported on the V1 hardware...

Cheers,
Ross
Holly cow. That is awsome!!

wait4me
March 14th, 2006, 02:38 AM
How much money Will it cost to add this Support for the workshop V1?

JoeC
April 27th, 2006, 01:58 AM
Any news on support for Colorado/Canyon/H3 I-5?