PDA

View Full Version : NOOB thats lotst....

Fixuntilbroke
September 25th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Ok so i have a 2008 2.2 ecotec out of a cobalt. I got efilive to make it run without the car, had success, now im attempting to tune for power etc. CAI and 2.5 Mandrel bent exhaust with quiet flow muffler. Ran pretty good. But after the cai addition, noticed some high rpm detonation. Just figured out datalogging, ive messed with the tune quite a bit, havent touched ve tables or timing much, just limited retard. So i actually got some datalogging in today which is difficult in a sandrail while flying around in a rough field, the flashscan flys around and gets pulled out of obdII port. So anyway, i cant find injector data on it. I dont know much of anything about tuning with this, im pretty sharp but really overwhelmed with the engine management options and tables. heres my tune and some datalogs.
why is my tp say only 82 percent or so, why isnt it picking up the detonation?
:wallbash:

slows10
September 25th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Those are some sickly lookin logs.12 pids and 16 channels? After reading your post 2 or 3 times I still dont understand what your question is. If you cant log without the flashscan getting pulled out of the obd port then jeez I just dont know, perhaps duct tape it or something so it wont fall out. Why are you running it lean? That will give you knock. Wideband? Most of all why would you run it so lean? Why not try to tune the ve and maf first? What tuning method have you used to correct the ve and maf tables?

Boost
September 25th, 2012, 01:08 PM
tp 82% MAY be fully floored since it flows about the same as 100%. A lot of cars are like this, maybe someone can confirm my theory? Also, did you calibrate the MAF after installing the intake?

slows10
September 25th, 2012, 01:08 PM
This is etc correct? Just checking

Fixuntilbroke
September 25th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Im not trying to run it lean, ive not really touched the tune till recently, ive got the vehicle drivable. Ive tuned several things with carb and weighted / mechanical timing but this efi has me all fuckwallered. How do you know im lean? im a noob at this like i said, once i get my bearings i should be able to do it but im lost in variables right now. it seems lean at high rpms and i do have an lm1 wbo2 i should figure out how to hook up i suppose, just looking for some help. I didnt post this cause i think im close and need a little tweaking, i know its really bad or id pry try to just muddle through it.

Fixuntilbroke
September 25th, 2012, 01:18 PM
maybe i should get a gopro so you guys can see how easy it is to even see basic rpm/speedo readings let alone tuning info.... i can pry get the obdII plug to stay there with some reinforcements but today is my first real attempt and im meeting a lot of resistance... Ill get good data, it just surprised me when the v2 went for a ride and the plug came out, its a wild ride for sure and pretty fun, but i know its not running right so i want to fix it.

Fixuntilbroke
September 25th, 2012, 01:19 PM
etc ?
noob for sure

slows10
September 25th, 2012, 01:21 PM
No, no not trying to offend you. 1.13-1.14 is a bit lean for wot at peak torque roughly. For the log you posted with no wideband data, according to the o2 voltage it is lean. And using o2 voltage for any wot tuning is not very reliable.

slows10
September 25th, 2012, 01:25 PM
Sorry etc as what I know is electronic throttle control. You are cable throttle body? When you put the gas pedal to the floor are you sure the blade is 100% open? It should be if you are cable driven throttle body. Just not sure what your combo actually is.

slows10
September 25th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Also you can log up to 24 channels.

Fixuntilbroke
September 25th, 2012, 01:32 PM
sorry yes fbw as i know it from harleys, electronic throttle.

Fixuntilbroke
September 25th, 2012, 01:33 PM
i know i really suck at this, and it bothers me cause im not used to being bad at much , but im in need of some real help

Fixuntilbroke
September 25th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Yes its electronic throttle, fbw as i know it from harley tuning.

Fixuntilbroke
September 25th, 2012, 01:55 PM
tp 82% MAY be fully floored since it flows about the same as 100%. A lot of cars are like this, maybe someone can confirm my theory? Also, did you calibrate the MAF after installing the intake?

no i didnt

slows10
September 25th, 2012, 11:41 PM
We are all still learning. Just checking to make sure it is a etc. Never know what someone will put on a combination or vehicle like you are running. Are you getting any dtc's? If you are trying to tune this for more power you need a wideband hooked up. If it is a fairly stock engine there is not a whole lot to tune for more power. You should verify yhe maf and ve tables are correct since you changed the intake around a bit. But at wide open throttle you really need a wideband hooked up. There is a ton of info on this forum on hooking up innovate widebands. It is pretty easy.Also check out the tuning tutorials on how to check your maf and ve tables. Also those tutorials should show you more pids you can log.

Fixuntilbroke
September 27th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the help, this is going to take a lot longer than i hoped i guess.