PDA

View Full Version : Can't full flash with V7.5

minytrker
September 27th, 2012, 08:01 AM
I can't full flash with v7.5 on any controller. I have to full flash with v8.

GMPX
September 27th, 2012, 10:33 AM
Would this be with the new laptop you've been having troubles with?
When you say you can't full flash, you mean it fails or you don't have the option available?

Boost
September 27th, 2012, 11:57 AM
V8 is taking over! LOL

minytrker
September 27th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Would this be with the new laptop you've been having troubles with?
When you say you can't full flash, you mean it fails or you don't have the option available?

With any of my laptops. The option is there and it will act like its going to flash then the screen that shows it flashing just goes away. It doesn't give you any errors but it also don't flash. It will calibration flash though. I tried ls1b,e38,&e40 does same on all of them.

Blacky
September 27th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Its possibly a permissions issue with V7 attempting to write to the PCMLocks.ini file in the \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5 folder.
Try setting the permissions of that folder to allow read/write access for the user that you are logged on as, or start EFILive using right click->Run as Administrator.

Regards
Paul

minytrker
September 27th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Thanks Paul,
I think thats it, I'll try to flash some cars tomorrow to make sure. I feel bad some times when posting about problems since 99% of the time I know it has nothing to do with EFI Live. The current build has been running perfect for me with zero problems with efi.

minytrker
October 11th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Its possibly a permissions issue with V7 attempting to write to the PCMLocks.ini file in the \Program Files\EFILive\V7.5 folder.
Try setting the permissions of that folder to allow read/write access for the user that you are logged on as, or start EFILive using right click->Run as Administrator.

Regards
Paul

That was it!! Thanks again.

caleb24
November 11th, 2012, 08:10 AM
+1 thanks!!!!