PDA

View Full Version : Need basic help searching. Been gone a while...

Drummer
September 29th, 2012, 02:58 AM
I haven't been on this forum in years. I am having great problems searching for posts that concern my questions. If I put in "2007 Silverado NBS 5.3 economy tune" or something similar I get nothing pertaining to my search criteria. And it displays HUNDREDS of posts dating back to 2005 or earlier.

Am I missing something?

I read the "Please Read First" section and it includes posts that are not relevant or very outdated.

How can I search for information concerning my vehicle or similar... 2007 -2010 Silverado 5.3 using the V2 without getting so much extraneous information?

I tried searching on the E38 specific forum, the Petrol/Gas, the Gen IV, etc.

I would really like some specific help, not just some random comment like "Dude... you need to go to the Please Read First thread." Where do I go on the thread specifically?
Of course, any help or insight will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Bob : )

Wheelz
September 29th, 2012, 07:32 AM
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=safari&q=+site:forum.efilive.com+2007+Silverado+5.3+econo my+tune+efi+live&sa=X&ei=oFpnUNjNK8i42QXokYHwAg&ved=0CCkQrQIwAA&biw=320&bih=416

Try that link

Basically I did a google search of what you had minus NBS and added EFI live. Then I clicked "more results from forum.efilive.com" below the efi threads. That is how I search for anything on a forum.

Taz
September 29th, 2012, 08:18 AM
I haven't been on this forum in years. I am having great problems searching for posts that concern my questions. If I put in "2007 Silverado NBS 5.3 economy tune" or something similar I get nothing pertaining to my search criteria. And it displays HUNDREDS of posts dating back to 2005 or earlier.

Am I missing something?

I read the "Please Read First" section and it includes posts that are not relevant or very outdated.

How can I search for information concerning my vehicle or similar... 2007 -2010 Silverado 5.3 using the V2 without getting so much extraneous information?

I tried searching on the E38 specific forum, the Petrol/Gas, the Gen IV, etc.

I would really like some specific help, not just some random comment like "Dude... you need to go to the Please Read First thread." Where do I go on the thread specifically?
Of course, any help or insight will be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello Bob,

Your previous tuning experience will help ... but be prepared ... the Gen IV tuning learning curve is a little steep. To tune a modified engine, or to get the most out of a stock engine - Swingtan's VVE Tutorial is the cornerstone of Gen IV tuning (attached below).

With a modified engine also see the thread linked below ...

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?9740-E38-idle-tuning

This idle tuning sticky is very long ... but full of useful information.

Regards,
Taz

Drummer
October 2nd, 2012, 06:39 AM
Thank you guys!

Feel free to keep the information coming!!