PDA

View Full Version : 7603 m6 stutter on up shift

relentless addiction
September 30th, 2012, 09:53 AM
i have a stutter on an up shift wb lc-1 is showing lean, i have sorted through my head how to fix this and have yet to find the answer. here is a log file and my current tune, just switched to cos3 04073003, but the problem was their before the cos upgrade. 9.726 g/sec inj

i have tried impact factor as well

was getting code p0068 i noticed when problem started checked connector tb blade bolts etc... see nothing nor feel

0763 os
m6
4.8 sc 10#
cam
injectors

thanks for the help
Ben

relentless addiction
October 1st, 2012, 04:11 PM
ok labeling as upshift is a wrong term i guess... the lean condition is associated with the upshift on tip-in. and first start up. idles lean for awhile as the log posted above. i have to tip-in - lift - tip and it goes away. or if i go into my pe tps threshold 40% it itsnt as noticable even if map threshold enable isnt met

the truck was previously tuned by a shop in ND before i bought it.

the weird thing that im totally confused of is minimum inj pulse width which is 0. what is the point of this? seems horribly wrong.....

and when i change to a stock setting idles rough and wont accel.

im wondering if i should just do a seg swap to just start over...

alot of things seem to be weird......
help would be appreciated. i have more logs showing fuel being cut, the reason im suspecting B4003

darcy
October 1st, 2012, 06:49 PM
Ben

I agree with your suggestion and I'd just start afresh, rather than chasing someone else issues.

The injector data obviously has problems, your VE table looks a bit odd to me and doesn't match where it crosses into boost, and you're commanding stoich upto 95kPa.
The 0 min pulse with combined plus having DFCO M6 enabled would not drive nice at all.

darcy

relentless addiction
October 2nd, 2012, 07:19 AM
Ben

I agree with your suggestion and I'd just start afresh, rather than chasing someone else issues.

The injector data obviously has problems, your VE table looks a bit odd to me and doesn't match where it crosses into boost, and you're commanding stoich upto 95kPa.
The 0 min pulse with combined plus having DFCO M6 enabled would not drive nice at all.

darcy

After I get the seg swap done I'll post results and a log file.
Also for this etc, which I'm.not familiar with I am showing 8-9 % throttle at idle shouldn't I be reading 0%?
Do you have a suggestion on where I can a wiring diagram for my etc so I can test my resistance and voltage. To check tb performance since I had to disable p0068

joecar
October 3rd, 2012, 04:25 PM
If you're tuning, reduce the pid channel count to no more than 24 (to get the fastest frame rate)...

since you're OL, remove the FUELSYS pid;

since your logging EQIVRATIO, remove the AFR pid, and use the WO2BEN pid (from the calc_pids.txt in the Calc.VET thread).

joecar
October 3rd, 2012, 04:33 PM
What injectors do you have...?

Is your FPR manifold referenced (hose connects directly to intake manifold)...?

joecar
October 3rd, 2012, 04:36 PM
The cells in your B3647 and/or B3649 tables that are stoichiometric (EQR = 1.00) will cause the PCM to trim to those cells using STFT while in OL...

to avoid this during tuning, set the stoich cells to slightly-off stoich (e.g. EQR 0.99 or EQR 1.01).

joecar
October 3rd, 2012, 04:39 PM
The LS1B based COS's retain adaptive spark function when the MAF is failed...

you could set you LO spark table to lower values if you wish.

joecar
October 3rd, 2012, 04:40 PM
A0012, A0013 are out of range, set them to 511 mph (i.e. 1 less than max).

joecar
October 3rd, 2012, 04:40 PM
BTW: the 105kPa columns in VE tables B0101 and A0009 are not the same.

joecar
October 3rd, 2012, 04:44 PM
If your transmission is automatic, then your WOT downshift mph's have to be below the corresponding WOT upshift mph's.

Set throttle kickdown in 4th to all 100%

What tranmission do you have, the ratios are all strange.

joecar
October 3rd, 2012, 04:46 PM
You might also need D1207 (90%) to be a bit more lower than D1206 (93%) than it currently is.