PDA

View Full Version : E40 high MAP readings

DGA
October 1st, 2012, 05:40 AM
Hi, new to this forum, Elmer from LS2.com sent me here. I have an LS1 with an LS2 intake, electronic throttle and controlled by an E40 ECM. It is turbonormalised, in an aircraft, no boost but for altitude performance and cabin pressure. My problem is with the MAP sensor, or what it tells the ECU. The VE table goes to 105 Kpa, which is slightly over sea level pressure, but the MAP sensor shows as high as 334 Kpa, which is about 48 psi. Now, I may have some residual boost from turbo over run or something, and I have taken the wastegate springs out, but a stock LS1 will blow the head gaskets at 20 psi. It does not have boost, this I am sure of. The MAP sensor is a new, stock GM one that was on this crate engine from new. I checked and there is 5VDC at the sensor. When the MAP shows over 105, it goes off the VE table and the motor runs badly, as soon as it drops below 105 all is good again. I thought the MAP sensor was dead, but I have seen logs from other guys that shows the same impossible high readings on non boosted engines. Anyone know what is going on here?

turbo
October 1st, 2012, 07:14 PM
im only new to all this tuning stuff but i had a car the other day that read upto around 145kpa the car is NA did not seem right to me. but i since have worked out that you have to calibrate the MAP sensor in the tune to read correct. as in if you change from a 1bar sensor too a 2bar or 3bar you have to calibrate it.
im sure there is lots of people on here that can help you.

DGA
November 16th, 2012, 11:34 AM
I think I have a screwed up ECU, E40. With the stock LS2 MAP settings it reads 335 Kpa with key on, engine off. I can remove all the MAP offset and get it down to 285 Kpa. Newer ECUs have an option to run a negative value there but the E40 version does not so that is as far as I can go. I think the analog input to the MAP pin has something wrong with it so i am going to get another ECU and try that sometime here soon.