PDA

View Full Version : Help with CalcVE Tuning Filter

jeff keyuk
October 1st, 2012, 02:21 PM
Looking to build a Filter for CalcVE {B0101} Map and {B5001} Map or maps?? The following is a filter I have started and would it be correct???

http://imageshack.us/a/img254/2511/calcvefilter.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/254/calcvefilter.png/)

joecar
October 1st, 2012, 03:06 PM
Hi Jeff, use this one (it should already be in the Name pulldown):

(note that it says "Include data frames")

jeff keyuk
October 1st, 2012, 08:50 PM
thank joe! I thought so! Just what do make sure.That's the same filter I used for Auto VE.Table So you use this filter for all the calc VE Tables.

joecar
October 2nd, 2012, 03:47 AM
Yes, that's correct, filtering is the same for any of the tuning procedures.

jeff keyuk
October 2nd, 2012, 03:08 PM
Hey Joe! Couple of question! In on making a B0101 Map it say on the [Data]Tap to select the Calc VE from the Parameter drop down list,
There are 4- to pick from
1 Calculated VE,ben correct(%)
2 Calculated VE,Ben correct (g*K/kpa)
3-calcuated VE,not corect(%)
4-calculated VE,not correct(g*K/kpa)
I had select # 2 Then on the "Filter". On the last line you said to apply (GM.FTC cell) is not equel to 21.00 cell.) This is not in on my Parameter Drop down list !
Do I really need it. Thanks Jeff!

jeff keyuk
October 2nd, 2012, 03:14 PM
Oh Yea! After doing all that, I when't out and did a logging, Everything looked ok! On the B0101 map ,click on the average button ,the cell count when't BLANK ??

joecar
October 2nd, 2012, 04:37 PM
Hey Joe! Couple of question! In on making a B0101 Map it say on the [Data]Tap to select the Calc VE from the Parameter drop down list,
There are 4- to pick from
1 Calculated VE,ben correct(%)
2 Calculated VE,Ben correct (g*K/kpa)
3-calcuated VE,not corect(%)
4-calculated VE,not correct(g*K/kpa)
I had select # 2 Then on the "Filter". On the last line you said to apply (GM.FTC cell) is not equel to 21.00 cell.) This is not in on my Parameter Drop down list !
Do I really need it. Thanks Jeff!

Yes, select CALC.VET ("calculated VE, corrected") g*K/kPa

( on the Data/Row/Col tabs, checkmark Show Names to see the pid names ).

If you did not log GM.FTC, you can delete that line from the filter (since the line above it ("TP > 1%") covers this, so you don't really need it)

joecar
October 2nd, 2012, 04:39 PM
Oh Yea! After doing all that, I when't out and did a logging, Everything looked ok! On the B0101 map ,click on the average button ,the cell count when't BLANK ??Post a screenshot...

the Average button will show the average values in each of the cells... in the map properties goto the Empty tab and check the Empty Cell value, make it lower.

jeff keyuk
October 3rd, 2012, 12:33 AM
Must be something Ive done wrong!
URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/24/jeffsveb0101map.png/]http://imageshack.us/a/img24/7595/jeffsveb0101map.png[/URL]

Thanks Joe !

joecar
October 3rd, 2012, 04:29 AM
What did you set the Empty Cell count to...?

Ok, now click on the average, and click on the apply filter button.

jeff keyuk
October 3rd, 2012, 10:00 AM
Hi Joe ! How's it going ! I set the Empty cell count at 10, Then try lowering it servial steps down .The same. When I click on the average button all the cell turn to 0.00 and when I apply the filter all the cells turn Blank ! I remember when doing Auto VE tune something like that happen before, just can't remember what I did to stop that.

joecar
October 3rd, 2012, 12:23 PM
Post your log file and your calc_pids.txt file.

jeff keyuk
October 3rd, 2012, 01:31 PM

Here thecalc_pid.file

jeff keyuk
October 3rd, 2012, 01:36 PM

This is the last log file. Thanks joe,Your wifes card is in the mail.

joecar
October 3rd, 2012, 01:51 PM
Follow post #10 here Hosting-an-Image (http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?3064-Hosting-an-Image) but attach your calc_pids.txt and log file (so I can run them thru my sc antool) to see what is going on.

lol, cool, thanks :cheers:

jeff keyuk
October 3rd, 2012, 02:35 PM
having trouble with image hosting website.story of my life!I will go and try again.

jeff keyuk
October 3rd, 2012, 02:51 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img819/5851/jeffspidslist.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/jeffspidslist.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

jeff keyuk
October 3rd, 2012, 02:54 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img818/2334/jjeffslogfile.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/818/jjeffslogfile.png/)

Try this ! Thanks Joe !

joecar
October 3rd, 2012, 03:50 PM
Hey Jeff...

I mean attach your actual calc_pids.txt file and your actual log file so I can play with them on my PC/laptop...

( same as attaching the images like you did, but instead browse to the files and attach those )

:)

jeff keyuk
October 24th, 2012, 11:10 AM
http://imageshack.us/a/img824/8044/jeffscalcvetune15.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/824/jeffscalcvetune15.png/)

Hi Joe ! Please take a look at this log file, and tell me what you think!

jeff keyuk
October 24th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Hey joe ! Can't remember how to sent the log file.

joecar
October 24th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Hey Jeff,

Attach the log file (filename ends in .efi) file like this:

start your reply, and then do this:

. . .
5. below the reply box click Go Advanced, scroll down a little, click Manage Attachments (see 1 in pic below);
6. in Manage Attachment popup box click Add Files (see 2 in pic);
7. in Upload Files popup box click Select Files (see 3) and locate file, select it, click OK, file appears in Upload Files popup box;
8. click Upload Files (see 4), file appears in Attachments section of Manage Attachments popup box;
9. click Done (see 5), file appears in Attachments section of the post;
A. finishing typing your reply, and submit the reply.

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/5510/manageattachments.png

joecar
October 24th, 2012, 04:26 PM
On the PIDs tab, highlight MAP and MAF and go rightclick->Metric.

jeff keyuk
October 25th, 2012, 08:34 AM
Hi joe ! Thanks again!

joecar
October 25th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Is your MAF failed...?

( I see DTC p0103, this means the PCM is using only the VE )

Wideband voltage is very wobbly...

joecar
October 25th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Also, LTFT's don't match side-to-side...

jeff keyuk
October 26th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Hey Joe! P0103 was set at NO MIL , I set it back at ( MIL ) Sorry ! I Did not set it back for close loop tuning! I when't back over all the table I change for the open loop tuning. I will try it again to make a log run ,and I will sent it back to you! Thanks Joe. Slow leaner!

joecar
October 26th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Jeff,

No worries.

Are you doing Calc.VET or AutoVE...?

jeff keyuk
October 26th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Hi Joe
I am doing Calc.VE tuning !

joecar
October 28th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Ok, then enable the MAF (set C2901-3 back to stock)...

enable MAF DTC/MIL reporting (set C6002 P0101-3 to MIL, set C6001 P0101-3 to A:1-Trip)...

verify that none of the MAF DTC's appear during any drive.

joecar
October 28th, 2012, 01:07 PM
If the MAF is failed, then the PCM is calculating airmass from the VE table, which means you can't apply Calc.VET (since this corrects the MAF).

jeff keyuk
October 28th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Hi joe ! Hows your weekend! Already made the changes! Could that also be way my filter was not applying back last week! Remember when I change the temp back to 170d.

joecar
October 28th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Hey Jeff,

lol, my weekend was busy with honeydo...

The filter was filtering out all the data (due to the temp being lower than what the filter specified), that was a different problem.

This problem, the MAF being failed (a MAF DTC present), means that the PCM is not using the MAF, so SELBEN (from Calc.VET) is based on VE rather than MAF...

i.e. SELBEN is correcgting the VE rather than the MAF...

this means that the MAF correcting map is wrong for the MAF, and that the VE calculation map is also wrong.

jeff keyuk
October 28th, 2012, 03:42 PM
So! Is it ok ! To start over with the calc VE tune, and do I need also to do the AutoVE tune over also! Do I also need to bring my B0101 main VE Table back to prior were I started doing the calcVE tune. thanks jeff.

joecar
October 29th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Yes, you can start over (but make sure the MAF is enabled and working, with no MAF DTC's triggering).

No need to run AutoVE... the Calc.VET procedure tune both MAF and VE tables at the same time (corrects MAF and calculates VE from that).

You should be able to use the VE table you have now, just remove any spikes/holes/steps, give it a general once-over smoothing (nothing elaborate).

jeff keyuk
October 29th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Thanks Joe ! When I do a log run ,I will sent it to you. Weather here is bad,Rain,Rain !

joecar
October 29th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Jeff,

yes post log files here so I can look at them (I have a trained eye by now :) )

no worries, take your time.

jeff keyuk
October 30th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Hi Joe ! Did a log run, Car want to die as soon as I touch the pedal, Air fuel was strange, LTFT are not reading wright, One side said -6 and the other side nothing! I also have some codes come up P0101 Mass AIR Flow (MPHC) U1016,u1096,u1064. I check all the tables, And they were ok!
Check the mass air connection ,it was good. Going to go back and make sure all the table I change for the open loop ,are good. Car ran good before I changed tables, C6002 the P0101,P0102,P0103 and P0106 to A:1 Trip! the table C2902 is ok!

joecar
October 30th, 2012, 02:38 PM
If there's a problem with the MAF (MAF DTC is present) then the PCM is running from the VE table...

(i.e. you won't be able to use Calc.VET to correct the MAF)

you may have to use the wideband and LTFT's to correct the VE table instead (create a SELBEN map matching the VE table).

joecar
October 30th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Your log in post #38 shows me:
- your MAF sensor seems broken,
- your MAP sensor may also be broken,
- your wideband is not working right either.

For the Corvette, is there another throttle pid to log, for example ETCTP...?

joecar
October 30th, 2012, 02:58 PM
Try running from VE only, but first reduce the Backup VE and Main VE by 10% (are they the same...?).

jeff keyuk
October 31st, 2012, 12:20 AM
Hey Joe! Main VE table and backup are not the same. When looking at the wideband and the Pc , The numbers are reading the same ? I also moved the Mass air closer to the air box,down from the T/body,about 14" away????? Maybe I should try the stock MassAir back on !

joecar
October 31st, 2012, 04:47 AM
Hi Jeff,

Any time you edit one of the VE tables also edit the other one (this means you need two maps).

When the MAF is failed (a MAF DTC is present), the PCM uses the Backup VE.

Yes, try the stock MAF in the stock location with the stock duct (Corvette engineers at GM have spend man-years developing this).

:)

jeff keyuk
October 31st, 2012, 05:26 AM
Thanks again Joe ! Thats what I will do! I let you know whats happen .

jeff keyuk
October 31st, 2012, 01:06 PM
Hey Joe ! Set up the map for the B0103 Back up table,Total forgot about the back up table,Crazy Me, Put the stock MAF in the car, Set the maf table back to stock numbers, Just started up the car, Car seem much better,Was not able to do a log run,too many kids out on the streets ,Halloween!! Question for you,I know after a log run,to smooth out the B0101 and B0103 tables, Do I still smooth out the B4901 charge Blending table and the B5001 LTFTBen tables. Ive been doing that. Hoping to do a log run on thursday. Cheers !

joecar
November 1st, 2012, 07:12 AM
The stock MAF and duct is actually pretty good compared to many aftermarket MAF's and duct's.

Leave B4901 stock, don't edit this table.

B0101, B0103:
flatten any singular spikes/holes, but do not smooth, adjust untouched portion to flow from touched portion;
should have a profile similar to what the TQ curve would look like from a dyno printout.

B5001:
flatten any irregularities, do not smooth, adjust untouched portion to flow from touched portion;
should look like an ever increasing smooth curve.

jeff keyuk
November 4th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Hi Joe! can you please take a look at this log run ! Car is driving much better so far ,

jeff keyuk
November 9th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Hi joe ! Don't think you read or seeen my last Thread ? Just went out for log run, Car seem to be getting better, Ive been doing all my log run on a long highway off my street.
Car drives very good its only been on the idel where it has trouble, but it seems to be coming around SLOWLY, I been getting a P0132 code,Circuit High Voltage Bank1 Sensor 1". This code have been coming up since I install the long tube headers, After I had installed the headers I had a wire touch one header! I thought that was my main trouble, Back in the spring before I started the car, after the head & cam change, I had changed the bad wire with a new wire and all new 02 senors !Going to go back and look at my 02 tables to see and make sure they are ok!

joecar
November 9th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Hey Jeff, I'm running a little behind, sorry... I'm slowly catching up, I should be able to look at your log file tomorrow.

jeff keyuk
November 9th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Thats ok ! Joe! No Rush! Thanks again for all your help.

jeff keyuk
November 11th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Hey Joe ! Please take a look at this log 22! Car is know starting to Idel on it own, I starting to think there is somthing strange about this program , since I update it.
When I connect to the car with the scan tool ,sometimes it takes two or three times before it connects. You will see that the LTFT Averages are -4.7% . Is it the LTFT Averages is what needs settle in ?? The LTFT Bank 1 & 2 .to me are strange sometimes Bank1 is working and sometimes Bank2 is working. Should they both run at the same time???? Maybe you can give me a call !Do you have my number! Thanks jeff !

joecar
November 12th, 2012, 06:01 AM
Hi Jeff, I'll call you later today.

Your log 22 shows P0132 (B1S1 O2 voltage high) is current, which means the bank 1 O2 sensor is not working (will always be zeros).

No, disregard the LONGFTAVG1/2 pids... the PCM uses LONGFT1/2, these are what settle in when MAF/VE are correct.

joecar
November 12th, 2012, 06:10 AM
Same thing in log 19, P0132.

Also, in both logs 19 and 22, WO2BEN shows you're lean almost everywhere...

jeff keyuk
November 13th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Hey Joe ! Check out all the wiring and connection on my 02 sensors, conects all were good, Did fine No1 o2 sensor wire "cover" got hot because of headers.Just had a new wire set hanging around so I change it. Took out my PC, made a connection,First thing I seen was,LTFT Bank 1 and2 were reading -20 and the same for the LTFT Avg.were reading the same-20,This is before I started the car ! Started the car LTFT 1 was reading 0 acrose the board, LTFT 2 were moving,So then I discornected from the car, Conected back to the car , And know the Bank 1 was moving and Bank 2 were reading Zero!???

One more thing, about The code P0132 ? This code was coming up last year after installing the Headers with High Flow Cats, Would this set that code ,because of the HIGH FLOW cats.Not able to heat up to the wright Temp????

joecar
November 13th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Jeff, check the ground connections on the engine (driver side head, and engine block).

jeff keyuk
November 16th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Hi joe !How is it going? The weekend is here, and Kim and I are going to montreal for the weekend!Cold here -5c.,but no snow yet !Check out all my ground wires,I have a service manual and it tells me were all the ground wires are.They were all good,also change that 02 sensor on bank1, So! Then I down loaded efi live on my other PC.That went well, made up a quik file to see if the LTFT would read. This is what I recorded! Please take a look and tell me what you think.Car Idel until 80c,then it falls off! Went for a quick run up the high way ,Gave it a shot ,it spin the tires from second gear through 3rd.Its makeing power, mabe in the spring I will get this finish. thanks jeff !

joecar
November 16th, 2012, 11:21 AM
Hi Jeff,

The log shows it started in Closed Loop and then it went open, looks like one or both O2's stopped working.

Have fun in Montreal :cheers: