PDA

View Full Version : 06 lbz, no start, no ecm..??

mr.67cummins
October 5th, 2012, 05:06 PM
performed a flash, truck wont star...says no ecm detected. what do i do?

StinkyDog
October 6th, 2012, 04:38 AM
Did you do a full re-flash when this happened?

mr.67cummins
October 6th, 2012, 07:18 AM
Yea was in the middle of it when it encountered an error and went crazy for like 5 mins so I finally stopped it, and that's where the problem started

StinkyDog
October 6th, 2012, 07:36 AM
It sounds like it's in dead pol mode. Try disconnecting the batteries. Turn the headlights on and completely drain the electrical system for a few minutes.
after that, plug in and see if it will start talking.

StinkyDog
October 6th, 2012, 07:38 AM
just curious, is your computer running on battery power or is it plugged into 110 volts?

mr.67cummins
October 6th, 2012, 08:11 AM
Battery power

StinkyDog
October 6th, 2012, 08:33 AM
Found this on another board...

Just an FYI- For those of you that own a DMax and change tunes using a programmer or EFI Live...DO NOT CAUSE ANY CURRENT DRAW WHATSOEVER WHILE THE TUNE IS LOADING. ie. open or close a door, dome light turns on or off, stereo turns on or off, etc.. This can cause your tune install to fail and lock the ECM down. If this happens you have about a 10% chance that you can restore the ECM.

mr.67cummins
October 6th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Awesome…

StinkyDog
October 6th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Sorry... I wish I could be of more help.

I take it powering it down had no effect?

I know there a few guys floating around on this board and on Diesel Place that have bench programmers. I don't know if it would make any difference trying to program it outside of the truck. There are instructions with EFI Live, as well as on this site somewhere, on how to make a bench programmer... found one of them.

http://download.efilive.com/Tutorials/PDF/Bench%20Harness%20Tutorial.pdf

I wish you luck. I have the very fear that you are experiencing right now. Please let me know if you find a solution!

StinkyDog
October 6th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Another thought.

Are your software, bootblock and firmware up to date? Here's another thread for you to check out. Sounds like the same problem.

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?19149-ECM-Reflash-Gone-Horribly-Wrong-Advice-Please-2004-LB7&highlight=bench+harness

StinkyDog
October 6th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Here you go.... hope it works!

http://forum.efilive.com/showthread.php?16216-HHHEELLPPP-Truck-wont-start/page2

mr.67cummins
October 7th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Thx. But no luck. ECM is gone. Where can I find another ECM besides the dealer

StinkyDog
October 7th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Sorry to hear that :(

There are a few vendors on here. The two that come to mind are www.killerbeeperformance.com and www.duramaxtuner.com.

I don't know them personally, but they both tune full-time and would be good sources.

THEFERMANATOR
October 7th, 2012, 06:26 AM
Try Guy at SOCALDIESEL. Sometimes he can repair dead ECM's, if not he has new ones in stock. He is also one of EFILIVE's stateside vendors.